TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monster Zero is Go!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moobyj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Monster Zero is Go! Reply with quote

Updates every Monday and Wednesday.

Our story finds humanity dwindling near extinction at the bottom of the food chain. Monsters have emerges to lay claim to the world mankind once ruled. The survivors have taken refuge in fortified cities around the world and are governed by religious zealots.

Enter Valkin Moore, a hybrid byproduct of a failed super solider experiment. He's a mercenary for hire who's about to find out that his exsitence is a bit more complicated than he originally thought. Oh, and let's not forget Maggie May, a dead prostitute who functions as Valkin's ghost sidekick.

Action, horror and over the top violence ensue. But don't be fooled by the presentation, there's a bigger story playing out here. So give us a read and let us know what you think.

Contains Graphic Violence and Strong Language. So if that's not your cup of tea please disregard.

Thanx to all!
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good, I like the art, but somehow the main character reminds me a bit too much of Wolverine. His backstory, his claws and even his looks..
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah baby, looks good! Macho dude and his macho dialogue and his macho gauntlet kick vamp ass! I like the style and the delivery. I was rather miffed when I realized there wasn't any more! Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beertycoon wrote:
looks good, I like the art, but somehow the main character reminds me a bit too much of Wolverine. His backstory, his claws and even his looks..

Yup! You're 100% spot on in your observation. Wolverine is the foundation that Valkin is built upon. I grew up reading Wolverine comics and couldn't escape their influence. I thought if I was going to do this comic I should do it patterned after something I've always enjoyed. So you get Wolverine meets Horror/Sci-Fi.

Perhaps I'm a hack but I intend to try and be a kick ass hack. I think if you keep reading that you'll see that Valkin is a bit more than a Wolvie wannabe. I've got plot lines swirling around my head like flies on a corpse. It'll just take some time to escape the shadow.

Thanks for the comment I appreciate it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
Yeah baby, looks good! Macho dude and his macho dialogue and his macho gauntlet kick vamp ass! I like the style and the delivery. I was rather miffed when I realized there wasn't any more! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comment.

There's plenty more on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates have been steady.

Every Mon and Wed @ 6AM

I'm 16 pages in and loving the hell outta the work.

If anyone is interested in commenting, I always enjoy a good crit.
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, it's not every day you see a giant kangaroo get its brains punched out. Smile

Tho' here's an unasked-for thought: you're giving your audience superior position over your protag -- we get to hear stuff and realize stuff that he doesn't. So when the truth is later revealed (to him) there's no surprise for us. Just the explanation of why they're doing this (which we can pretty much guess anyway). This reduces or even kills mystery and suspense levels. Something to think about for future sequences, maybe. Shrug, I could be wrong, has been known!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
I like it, it's not every day you see a giant kangaroo get its brains punched out. Smile

Tho' here's an unasked-for thought: you're giving your audience superior position over your protag -- we get to hear stuff and realize stuff that he doesn't. So when the truth is later revealed (to him) there's no surprise for us. Just the explanation of why they're doing this (which we can pretty much guess anyway). This reduces or even kills mystery and suspense levels. Something to think about for future sequences, maybe. Shrug, I could be wrong, has been known!

First off, thanks for the support. It's good to have the repeat business. Secondly, I appreciate the unasked-for thought. Your point is something I considered when I started writing M0 in the first person. It does make for some tricky management of information. I can only reply to you with "keep reading". When the first issue/chapter is finished I'll come back and talk about this and get your feedback.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still going! Still trying to build up my readership.

Updating every Mon & Wed.

Check it out!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue/Chapter one is finished!

Comments and crits anyone?

BUMP!!!!!!
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow! Hard luck, Chastity! Very nicely done. Unexpected twist after the half-expected twist knocks everything off-kilter. The voiceover pays off big-time.
Resident Diet Lawyer

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your art style - very 'punk'. It reminds me of the art I used to love in 2000AD when I was younger. The dialogue is a little expletive-intensive at times, which can work and is often popular but does tend to grate on me after a while (but hey, we're all different). Overall: very cool.
moobyj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to do a little pimpin'.

Monster Zero has enter Chapter 2 and updates are moving stead. Check us out if you like! Feedback always welcome.

Quote:
I love your art style - very 'punk'. It reminds me of the art I used to love in 2000AD when I was younger. The dialogue is a little expletive-intensive at times, which can work and is often popular but does tend to grate on me after a while (but hey, we're all different). Overall: very cool.

Sorry I took so long to respond to this. I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed M-Zero.

Regarding the dialogue, it wasn't a popularity thing that made me choose to be so filthy with my words. I kinda of assumed most people would be turned off by the over-the-top delivery. I just wanted to make a comic I could enjoy. My favorite comic of all time is Preacher. It's probably my biggest influence. I can't write like Garth Ennis but you can be certain he's an inspiration. Anyway, that's probably more of a response than you wanted, so thanks again and keep reading.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd share some promo art and pimp the comic a bit. I'm still updating every Monday and Wednesday. It's been a real struggle to promote M-Zero but I hope to dedicate more time to it as I move forward. Crits and comments are always welcome. Thx all!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough stuff there, looks pretty damn good indeed. Tough character, perhaps distantly "related" to this guy as well? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB2RA9GEptA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: