TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

thestripedone
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news from the front? I miss my daily C:G fix.
ttallan
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been almost a month since lonelyfetus launched the campaign on Feb 25th... we can look at the results on Google Analytics.

Here's the stats from about a month ago:

To give you a bit of reference (since you can't just mouse over the image to get the numbers on a screen capture!), the high point was Wed, Feb 18, with 889 visits. The low point was Sat, Jan 31, 303 visits.

And now here's this month:

Here the highpoint was Tues, Mar 3, with 1813 visits, and the low point was Sunday, Mar 23 (not counting the pre-Feb 25th dates), with 591.

On average, I have gained somewhere between 200-500 visitors per day. Considering I only update once a week, that's not too bad! I don't think any aggressive campaigning was done over the last several days (hence the downward trend), but the numbers managed to sustain themselves comfortably above last month's average over that period of time. Will it last? I can give you another report in a month and let you know!

So... perhaps the results aren't as amazing as predicted (it's gonna be awhile before I clear the 10,000 readers hurdle), but I for one am still pretty amazed! Very Happy
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, we DID just double your readers. I myself am pretty impressed. With far lower numbers I would still be impressed if my readership doubled and you already had a higher count. Cool Now it's even higher. That's awesome. Great to see the screenshot too. Wow! That's just awesome. Cool

Also, I did some in-comic product placement for you as promised when I requested book covers to cameo, so now one of my main characters reads Galaxion and your books are clearly on her floor. Razz
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo! Progress! Very Happy
ttallan
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metruis wrote:
Also, I did some in-comic product placement for you as promised when I requested book covers to cameo, so now one of my main characters reads Galaxion and your books are clearly on her floor. Razz

Woo! Which page? (Went looking, didn't spot it...) Give me the link and I'll pimp you on my site next update! Very Happy
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
Metruis wrote:

Woo! Which page? (Went looking, didn't spot it...) Give me the link and I'll pimp you on my site next update! Very Happy

http://betweenplaces.comicgenesis.com/d/20090322.html <--there. I haven't got to that update on the SpiderForest mirror yet, which is probably where you went. >_> (That's the site I generally publicize but the CG one is ahead... though hopefully not for much longer.)

Now your books are permanently part of that setting though, like the art on the walls and other books, so they'll show up in other pages in that room. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a homage to Galaxion too, but my traffic is so low at the moment you would never have known. Your stats are looking healthy by the way. I don't know how else to campaign, but if you have any ideas, drop me a line!
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speear, that's so awesome! Laughing I can't wait to plug your strip next week, too!
Think think think...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A month later we hear a blurb from our first reviewer that I hit up along the way.

Clicky!

I also saw mention of it on Something Awful as reference of what kind of good sci fi webcomics are out there.

It's nice to settle and see where we're at. I still have some awesome ideas, but my time has been ultra limited. I'm sure this coming month we can double it again!

Note: Still disappointed with adwords for a webcomic, what a damn waste.
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Howard did a longer review of it in Tangents at about the same time that LF started the campaign.
ttallan
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made it to the Something Awful forums at last. My life as a comic artist is now complete. Huzzah!

Now when does the fabled hate mail start pouring in? Cool
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
I've made it to the Something Awful forums at last. My life as a comic artist is now complete. Huzzah!

Probably never? You put out quality pages on a schedule and don't think you're God's gift to comics. Who's going to bother you unless you go there and stir the anthill up a bit?
Alley Oooooooop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:

There haven't been a lot of posts about it, but it's not at all negative, actually.
KEZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys checked out any advertising through Webcomics World?

It'll be a CPM rate, but probably lower than most other places.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will add a bit of a boost to the Campaign: check it out, I've got a brand-new *colour* Galaxion page in one of the all-ages Free Comic Book Day giveaways! Announcement here.

I'm in pretty good company there (Kate Beaton! Faith Erin Hicks! Kean Soo!), so I'm seriously chuffed. Also, my kids are big fans of the Sardine books, so the fact that I'll have some art in the same comic as Sardine earns me big coolness points with the offspring.

I don't know how many stores will have picked this title up, but if you get out for FCBD (May 2nd), go grab yourself a copy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: