TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to forum?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TWCL Forum Index -> How To...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oppernaR
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: How to forum? Reply with quote

Submit a link to your tutorials, guides or tips for use of this forum, along with a short description to the admins by PM, email, or in the discussion topic in General Ramblings.

The links to the appropriate topics will be posted in categories below.

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
oppernaR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I add a clickable banner as my signature?
1. Host your banner somewhere
2. Go to:

Edit Profile
3. Enter:

The url and img location where [ url=http://www.comic.stuff ] is your comic's URL and [ img ]http://www.comic.stuff/sig.jpg[ /img ] is where you hosted your banner. Close the lot with [ /url ] and you're all set.
4. Make sure:

in your profile is set to "Yes".

Where do I put stuff?
There's four main sections here, General Ramblings, Webcomic Gubbins, the Dogpile and the COMC forum. As the names would imply general banter goes into the first, webcomic related yadda yadda goes into the second, calls for help, artists, writers, guest art can be placed in the third and anything pimping your comic goes into the fourth.
The remaining sections are the Jam, where fellow webcomic artists sometimes join forces to create an awesomefest of awesome, the Compliments and Complains section, where nobody really goes these days but more about that later, and finally the place where we dump all interesting spambot messages, just because we can...

I have, like, a story, like.. more like a great idea, like, but can't, like.. draw.. like?
It's pretty well known that almost everybody has at least once had the idea to write a novel. Unfortunately this means that the amount of people who have a story they would simply love to see put into a webcomic is much, much larger than the amount of people who know how to put pencils to photoshops (or whatever you kids do these days) but are completely at loss about what to draw. In other words: there's 1000 writers looking for an artist to every artist looking for a writer.
Of course you are free to look for artists here. It has resulted in people teaming up and creating a webcomic together before, so I won't say it's a lost cause by definition. Keep in mind though that you have to show a few appetizers before people commit themselves to a 7 course meal. A plot outline, a scene, a bit of character insight etc will help you convince people that you really have something good, something they can work with. We're not asking you to put the entire story online for the world to steal, but you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake and keep in mind that your chances are slim at best.

Somebody said something mean to me!
Go cry about it on your LJ page... I assume most of us have an IQ that scores at least two digits, so you'll be smart enough to avoid internet dramas and stop feeding the trolls.

Pr0nz/spam bots are taking over the world!
Since Skynet went online in august 1997 the world is flooded with robots of all sorts, including those who want to sell us pills and naked hu-nams having intercourse. We are fighting every day to keep back the hordes but once in a while they get through anyway.
Just let it rest for a few hours and the spam thread will vanish by magic (the admins, really..) never to be seen again. If this fails to happen for a while feel free to send me a PM or email and we'll deploy every Zig we have to take care of it.

S*P*Q*R
oppernaR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Looking for...

anezka's Posting Etiquette - Writer looking for artist
"Ok, so since quite a lot of writers who are looking for artists post here on TWCL forums, and many of them omit certain information that would help them getting an artist, I figured that rather than evaluate every single one I might as well start a thread that gives pointers."

tbowl's Posting Ettiquette - Guest Art and Comics
"Hi All. If this is also going to be our "Looking for Guest Art" thread, which I think is great, I wanted to start a list of things I like to see when people request."

S*P*Q*R
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TWCL Forum Index -> How To... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum