TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

thestripedone
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fetus, I emailed you some slightly less pixely-texted banners for C:G. Just mentioning that here because I don't know how often you check mike @ lf.c
Metruis
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marooned wrote:
Hilarious. I stumbled and reviewed her. I have to say, her banner has always been one of my favorites, I think it's great in it's simplicity. Of course, yours, fetus, cracked me up.

We should do this once a week with different comics. Would be fun.

That would actually be fun. Because there are some really good comics here on TWCL, and it'd be fun to draw some attention to promoting them.

And also because this thread is hilarious. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ttallan could always give Rampage a try Very Happy
As a network are hits are looking at 2-4million pages-views a month so we could be helpful in lending a traffic boost Very Happy
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metruis wrote:
If ttallan gives me permission to cameo a character, though (and a reference!), it will happen

Oh, absolutely, permission given! *happy dance* There is nothing more fun than seeing other artists versions of my characters! If you need colour reference, I have colour pics of all the major characters on the restrospective page, just click on any of the characters' names to see it.

As for "poster" art... will any of these do? I don't know if you need a particular size or resolution, but I can probably accommodate if you let me know which you'd like to use. Oh, I guess I can't give permission for the Thieves & Kings cover or the Mythography cover, since they are not my art.

And honestly-- you guys are all so sweet I can't get over it! I am looking forward to the chance to return the favour when we do this kind of thing for another TWCL comic!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do fan-related stuff on Friday, so I'll blog about Galaxion and put up a banner or something. So if there's anything specific you want me to say TT just let me know.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horatio wrote:

I don't think I can, though...? I have a mirror site on Girlamatic, my original host. For all that they're going through some, er, growing pains, I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
horatio wrote:

I don't think I can, though...? I have a mirror site on Girlamatic, my original host. For all that they're going through some, er, growing pains, I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet.

Most of our members have up to 3 mirror sites, We just host your main site and help bring large traffic to it.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh... I thought I read a rule that said you can't have a mirror that's on the same update schedule, or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
oh... I thought I read a rule that said you can't have a mirror that's on the same update schedule, or something.

Most of our members keep their mirrors at least one update behind.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
Metruis wrote:
If ttallan gives me permission to cameo a character, though (and a reference!), it will happen

Oh, absolutely, permission given! *happy dance* There is nothing more fun than seeing other artists versions of my characters! If you need colour reference, I have colour pics of all the major characters on the restrospective page, just click on any of the characters' names to see it.

Oooo, okay, I didn't know you could click on those. Excellent. I'll sneak some of your characters into my next cameoable segment--owing to their sci-fi look, it may be chapter five or six, as I don't think they'd make a good addition to a fantasy army. Laughing I'll let you know when it happens. I'll post a link in here and email you if it's notably later.

As for the stack of book covers, it's perfect. Rease can now be an avid Galaxion reader. A lot of people gave me 'real art' for the scene... and I wanted to get a few more books onto the floor and shelves. Again, I'll let you know and there will be credits. Cool I don't need any particular size or resolution, I just kind of need advertisements I can sneak in to make book covers out of or posters on the wall, or whatnot. Here's one of the previous pages I did. You'll notice a lot of posters and stuff in the background. None of those are mine. I got permission from a crapload of artists to borrow their art and put it into my comic. Laughing I find when I draw my own background decorations--posters and all--it tends to look monotonously my style. This makes it less 'one artist did all this' and gives a link to another person's comic steadily in my archive. Woot!

I will make sure your characters and art appear in Between Places, then. Cool
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! I was hoping no one would notice I had anti-aliasing off when I rigged that together!

I appreciate that, but I already made the real banner we were talking about! I had it ready 10 hours ago but I had to run to work! D: Edit: No, your version is awesome. I'm taking it!

Critiques welcome.

Note: I actually learned to color raster b/w for this! I always used vector for color before. It's the first time I got a chance to put theory into practice!!

Will reply more once I get a chance to catch up with a few things.
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a cropped version of the galaxian ship's sprite itself if anyone is interested. Like I said earlier, I'll be using galaxian to link to galaxion near my stumble/digg images with my new webcomic.

lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We should do this once a week with different comics. Would be fun.

The goal is 10k readers on PW, and try to maintain it for a week. Then I wouldn't mind working on another. Otherwise all my focus and dedication'll be on Galaxion.

Doesn't mean someone else can't spearhead another though.

Quote:
As for "poster" art...

Actually I'm hoping for postcard art. For this. Then I'll get 1k postcards made a month and mail them out to comic conventions.

I guess my secret trick to advertise for free at conventions I never go to is now public knowledge.

Well crap.

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FRIENDING AND LINKING! The most important part of a campaign like this couldn't be done without you!

Last edited by lonelyfetus on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
thestripedone
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookin' good! I dig the skyscraper, too.
Miluette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this is fun. I will link Galaxion on both my comics. I stumbled it, too.

I can cameo stuff at the start of LF's chapter 1, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before then... And it's sure to be even longer for Millennium, but I'll see what I can do. Very Happy (Wish I had a sci-fi nerd character now...) Glad it's getting a lot of exposure already, anyway <3

This comic looks like something I'd avoid simply because I'm afear'd of science fiction, but the ads are yummy, and I must admit, quality is quality. It looks good. O_O Probably should have read sooner. New readers for you, ttallan~

(Pssst. Make an 88x31 banner.)

Last edited by Miluette on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: