TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

Metruis
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(is laughing)

(seriously)

Personally, I'm more inclined to read Galaxion because of the classy, not sexy banner... fortunately I already have it bookmarked, so you won't turn me off. Between Places ALWAYS has room for cameos. Except I've filled up my current scene with cameos from Sunset Grill, Sex Percussions, Epic Fail and Cetyia... and my next scripted sequence is between two characters in Rease's room, which always has room for cameos on her walls, as long as people supply me art and give me permission to stick it up as a poster/whatever. I CAN add a "Galaxion" book on the floor in that scene, but it's better if ttallan gives me a poster that I can make into a book and put on the floor to fit the trending. Otherwise I don't think I'd be able to line up a cameo for cameo day, just due to the set script of my scenes. If ttallan gives me permission to cameo a character, though (and a reference!), it will happen. I'm cameo happy. It's like trigger happy, but with other people's characters. Laughing

Seriously. Anyone can get me to cameo them. I'd rather draw cameos than NPCs. (And I'd rather "steal" art than draw posters)

We should all team up as webcomic creators and write "read Galaxion" somewhere in our comics on one update day. Whether this is just snuck onto the bottom... look, some people read tons of comics! Let's get the message through to them that they should be reading this one too! Subliminal messaging! Got a newspaper in your comic? A board? Put Galaxion on it! Spread it across the internet. Laughing Let's make it a meme! "This thread needs more SCI-FI BABES!"
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(shakes fist) My poor, hidden post!

RE: ttallan! I do cameos. Happily. I mean, I am CAMEO HAPPY. This, by the way, applies to anyone with a webcomic, not just ttallan...

1) I prefer to draw people into crowd scenes that are cameos. I just need a full body reference, and a comic to link to, and you need to realize that I'll be printing eventually (and will include a link in the print).

2) I also do scenes where I put things on the walls. I like to borrow art for this. Posters, whatever. I have a folder of art that people have given me permission to put up as art on the walls, or books in shelves and on the floor. I can and will name/advertisement drop in the comic itself.

This actually applies to anyone, but if ttallan gives me permission (and it'd be nice if she also gave me a full body shot + colors of someone or I'll have to guess), I'll make sure that Galaxion gets cameoed into Between Places. I can't guarentee any date, but I keep a folder of characters I have permission to cameo for these scenes as well. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oho!

I'm not terribly good at promoting things, but perhaps I can put up a link on my own main page with Friday's update... heh.
^_^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just mentioned Galaxion in an online forum that has nothing whatsoever to do with webcomics, but is nonetheless filled to the gills with sci-fi geeks. As promotion that's probably not worth much, but hey, it's more exposure than anything posted to my own site would get. Smile

For the "This may take longer..." Tshirt maybe you could use an image of whahisface (I can *never* remember names) taking apart the communication console on the burning bridge? I can think of some techy types who would get a kick out of something like that. (My husband would love to wear one to work, but alas he has to wear the company t-shirt instead. Bleh.)

There has got to be some kind of merchandizing potential in the hat, too.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, what a cute idea.

I'll throw up a link in my "friends" section. I'm really terrible at promoting things I haven't read yet, and I have no time to go through a bunch of archives right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious. I stumbled and reviewed her. I have to say, her banner has always been one of my favorites, I think it's great in it's simplicity. Of course, yours, fetus, cracked me up.

We should do this once a week with different comics. Would be fun.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marooned wrote:
Hilarious. I stumbled and reviewed her. I have to say, her banner has always been one of my favorites, I think it's great in it's simplicity. Of course, yours, fetus, cracked me up.

We should do this once a week with different comics. Would be fun.

That would actually be fun. Because there are some really good comics here on TWCL, and it'd be fun to draw some attention to promoting them.

And also because this thread is hilarious. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do fan-related stuff on Friday, so I'll blog about Galaxion and put up a banner or something. So if there's anything specific you want me to say TT just let me know.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
Metruis wrote:
If ttallan gives me permission to cameo a character, though (and a reference!), it will happen

Oh, absolutely, permission given! *happy dance* There is nothing more fun than seeing other artists versions of my characters! If you need colour reference, I have colour pics of all the major characters on the restrospective page, just click on any of the characters' names to see it.

Oooo, okay, I didn't know you could click on those. Excellent. I'll sneak some of your characters into my next cameoable segment--owing to their sci-fi look, it may be chapter five or six, as I don't think they'd make a good addition to a fantasy army. Laughing I'll let you know when it happens. I'll post a link in here and email you if it's notably later.

As for the stack of book covers, it's perfect. Rease can now be an avid Galaxion reader. A lot of people gave me 'real art' for the scene... and I wanted to get a few more books onto the floor and shelves. Again, I'll let you know and there will be credits. Cool I don't need any particular size or resolution, I just kind of need advertisements I can sneak in to make book covers out of or posters on the wall, or whatnot. Here's one of the previous pages I did. You'll notice a lot of posters and stuff in the background. None of those are mine. I got permission from a crapload of artists to borrow their art and put it into my comic. Laughing I find when I draw my own background decorations--posters and all--it tends to look monotonously my style. This makes it less 'one artist did all this' and gives a link to another person's comic steadily in my archive. Woot!

I will make sure your characters and art appear in Between Places, then. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this is fun. I will link Galaxion on both my comics. I stumbled it, too.

I can cameo stuff at the start of LF's chapter 1, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before then... And it's sure to be even longer for Millennium, but I'll see what I can do. Very Happy (Wish I had a sci-fi nerd character now...) Glad it's getting a lot of exposure already, anyway <3

This comic looks like something I'd avoid simply because I'm afear'd of science fiction, but the ads are yummy, and I must admit, quality is quality. It looks good. O_O Probably should have read sooner. New readers for you, ttallan~

(Pssst. Make an 88x31 banner.)

Last edited by Miluette on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrington AW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea. I just stumbled and reviewed Galaxion.

I hope this works out well for Galaxion. It's a very good comic that deserves the attention.

-S
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can squeeze a cameo in for tonight's comic...I'll put up that tower ad tonight too.

Also, I started stumbling a few pages per day and I'm squeezing in links to Galaxion on my facebook and hyves pages.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:

What a busy boy you are! Wink Seriously, though, I've wondered about the wisdom of signing up for all these different organizations. I'm already on Girlamatic, and I'm a member of Palace in the Sky. Wouldn't it be considered, I dunno, gauche or something to try to ally myself with too many of these? What would Miss Manners do? Laughing

Not to mention having to update your comic in ten different places! "Ah, sorry, couldn't finish this page up, I'm still uploading the last one to a few sites." Smile
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, dugg it, stumbled some more pages, finishing off tonight's comic with Galaxion cameo.

GOGOGALAXION!!

edit: Cameo Comic Coolness

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, speaking of printing (which we were earlier, but I'm just checking in now) have any of you seen comicsmonkey.com from Ka-Blam? It's a distribution channel for POD comics printed by Ka-Blam. It's not up and running yet, but they have a page up telling what they're going to do.

Also, I'm gonna grab a Galaxion banner and stick it on my site.

-S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: