TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Co-author wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it still doesn't really give someone an idea of what you can do. Text placed on a background and then compiled into an animated gif doesn't really give anyone an idea of how a comic will look--the panels, layout, etc. Granted, it's something, but I think given the prejudice you're up against, you are going to have to present something a little more to get someone's interest.

Also, I know that there are a lot of pixel artists out there that don't work in Photoshop. Perhaps you should just specify that they should be able to generate art in a certain format (say .gif, .png, etc.) and if you want to import it to PS you can do it yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirz wrote:
Well, it still doesn't really give someone an idea of what you can do. Text placed on a background and then compiled into an animated gif doesn't really give anyone an idea of how a comic will look--the panels, layout, etc. Granted, it's something, but I think given the prejudice you're up against, you are going to have to present something a little more to get someone's interest.

Also, I know that there are a lot of pixel artists out there that don't work in Photoshop. Perhaps you should just specify that they should be able to generate art in a certain format (say .gif, .png, etc.) and if you want to import it to PS you can do it yourself.

I see where your coming from. The primary reason for a co author is i want 2 story lines running. the game I'm using begs for 2 story lines running parallel to each other there are 6 characters which can be divided in two groups. If I cant find a co-author, then It drops to 1 story line and the other 3 characters never get done justice.

all the things your mentioning can be discussed when I find someone interested. But yes I should do a paneled comic to prove a point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum