TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Artist needed for print anthology piece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Artist needed for print anthology piece Reply with quote

And now for something completely different...

I have three stories accepted for an upcoming print anthology and I'm looking for an artist for one of them. Gina Biggs of Red String is doing the art for one and I'd love to get another webcomic creator in on the action.

I'm looking for someone to do pencils and inks (and possibly coloring) on a 5 page piece for the upcoming WORK! Panels for the People anthology. The original artist dropped out so there is a bit of hurry up involved (which is why I'm posting this request into an open forum instead of approaching artists individually). I've been granted an extension by the editors who are negotiating with a publisher at the moment. The anthology is themed around songs that are about jobs and/or workers.

This piece is a combination of the songs "Cowboy's Wild Song to his Herd" and "When the Work's All Done in the Fall". But instead of traditional old west cowboys it takes place in a cattle drive by the Celtiberians circa 400 BCE.

For more info, the WORK! Blog is HERE (with some very NSFW art) and the MySpace is HERE.

This is a great chance to get your work in front of a major indie publisher. I don't know if payment will be involved, but you'll at least get a comp copy of the book.

PM me or drop an email to gregc at updownstudio dot com if you are interested and I'll shoot you the script.

Thank you!
GregC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist acquired! Thanks for the offers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum