TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coffee Time Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Coffee Time Comics Reply with quote

Coffee Time Comics is back with a new website, a new comic, and a new Volume of Coffee Time(I say this like people knew we were gone).

Let's start with..

Erik is a soldier returning home from war. He hooks up with his old friends who have hardly changed over time. Fighting through the chaos that is his life, Erik has to come to terms with the violence from his past at home and abroad.

This comic will be a bit different than Coffee Time. It will follow the story of one individual more than jumping around a large cast of characters. It will also have more mature themes. But that doesn't mean gratuitous sex, violence, and swearing. On top of that, there will be a bit more experimentation with the comic, at least more so than Coffee Time.

But that doesn't mean Coffee Time is going to be the same old thing. before I tried to write it as a slice-of-life style thing, but I couldn't keep away from at least a little story. This time around I tried to keep the feel of slice-of-life, but with a bigger picture going on throughout the entire volume.

I'd like to see what you guys think. Feedback is greatly appreciated. please don't be too harsh on the web design. It was my first time coding and I slaved over that shit. If you do have a suggestion, please don't hold your tongue.

Thanks for reading all that crap(I hate writing comic synopsis'), or at least scrolling down to this link.

Coffee Time Comics
Debt On

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! This is great. Especially Across the Way. I remember you saying a while back that you were planning to do a story about war. Really nice stuff.

And your art looks fantastic! Really improved I think.

The new site looks sharp, too. I like the way the front page shows an overhead shot of the city, kind of indicating that the two comics share a world.

I would change a couple things, like the blue borders around the image links, and the bright red border around Across the Way. It seems a little distracting from the main event. Maybe desaturate it or make it a grey scale or something.

I hear ya on that web design, its hard work.

EDIT: The public demands a 468x60 banner.

Primary Source News | Spinzone Comics Collective
JohnK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The art is actually done by my friend Tobias. I write it. I just realized that it doesn't say that on the new site anywhere. I'll have to fix that.

The site is still a work in progress and I think I agree about the red border around Across the Way. I'll have to get a darker tone on it.

Are you talking about blue borders around image map links? I noticed that in Internet Explorer. There's actually a couple problems in Explorer with the text too. I'm going to get into that this week.

468x60:

or

Thanks again. I appreciate you taking your time to look.
GlenGoldentree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to "Across the Way" and hit the first button, then the next button and got a 404 file not found. Though you should know. I have always enjoyed your comic, and it's cool to see it get better and better.
JohnK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking out. The problem has been fixed. And thanks for the nice words.
thelanyard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only read Coffee Time thus far but I really like the art and feel of the comic. It needs a theme song. Something along the lines of:

"Coffee Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!". It sounds really good in my head. You'll have to take my word for it.
JohnK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe thanks man.

I was actually thinking of getting my friends band to make a short track for the title page, or maybe the news page. But then I thought that would be a little over the top.
thelanyard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be cool as long as you put a control on the page to turn it off if you don't like it.
MtMoriah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way you draw your character's faces. Especially when they are very expressive. They convey the moods of the characters perfectly.
JohnK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks man, I'll make sure to let the artist know. I think that is Tobias' strong point myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: