TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spiders 19013
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Spiders 19013 Reply with quote

I guess I'll have to start all over again... Here we go:

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

I'm gonna host the rest of my comic on my personal website:

http://www.desire-grover.com/

I haven't posted anything just yet but... it's on the way Smile

Last edited by 19013 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aarin
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Clone.Manga's serious work in tone and surrealism. I'll bite. This has an unspoken/unshown edge I like. All in subtext. Very smart art and writing.

Kudos on this. I remember when it started/you brought it to our attention.

Carry on, good sir. I'll be back for more as you go.
GingerDead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember being intrigued when you posted one or two a while back. it's good to see you have stuck with it. the story is definitely interesting straight away..it grabs you. the artwork is really awesome. i love your strong use of black and white. truly great work. i'm looking forward to seeing more. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aarin wrote:
Better than Clone.Manga's serious work in tone and surrealism. I'll bite. This has an unspoken/unshown edge I like. All in subtext. Very smart art and writing.

Kudos on this. I remember when it started/you brought it to our attention.

Carry on, good sir. I'll be back for more as you go.

Thanks so much! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerDead wrote:
i remember being intrigued when you posted one or two a while back. it's good to see you have stuck with it. the story is definitely interesting straight away..it grabs you. the artwork is really awesome. i love your strong use of black and white. truly great work. i'm looking forward to seeing more. Smile

I'm so happy to hear that. I'm not much of a black and white artist but the story seemed to call for it so I obeyed. I've come to like black and white's simplicity and how it makes one think more dramatically about lighting and gesture. I'm finding that it has a different kind of creative liberty that I think saturated colors take away. The style of the book was very much inspired by Marc-Antoine Mathieu's book DEAD MEMORY. It’s an awesome visual and read.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now, isn't THIS refreshing? So very, very nice to see something DIFFERENT. It's weird, ominous, disturbing (especially if you have young kids, which I do), it's got alot of subtext and commentary that strangely doesn't hit you over the head (which is amazing, since the look is so symbolic) because you buy into the look and are comfortable with it right off the bat.

Very nice, very David Lynch meets Terry Gilliam meets Spike Jones meets I dunno, some urban grtitty reality. And experiment that pays off. Continue, sir.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Ape wrote:
Well, now, isn't THIS refreshing? So very, very nice to see something DIFFERENT. It's weird, ominous, disturbing (especially if you have young kids, which I do), it's got alot of subtext and commentary that strangely doesn't hit you over the head (which is amazing, since the look is so symbolic) because you buy into the look and are comfortable with it right off the bat.

Very nice, very David Lynch meets Terry Gilliam meets Spike Jones meets I dunno, some urban grtitty reality. And experiment that pays off. Continue, sir.

Thanks. It will be an urban surreal thing. Wink

And I love your line work also the dialogue of the ape is pretty smooth and funny. I was wondering if you ever intend to do some special colored pages. The opening page of your site shows some awesome pastel (?) coloring.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't help but make all three. In the final cover of issue two, Brotha Bob, will be the only one standing in the street light.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, my friend, this is fantastic work (plus what they said above). I have enjoyed reading it so far and I look forward to reading the rest.

-albert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: PUBLISH You & Me... Reply with quote

I'm in the process of getting my final layout together so that I can publish this comic, soon to be, Graphic Novel:

http://www.comicspace.com/spiders19013/comics.php?action=read&file_id=28873

It will be published through Comixpress.com and Lulu.com

This is the first issue and it's only about 22 pages long so...

I would like to have three other comic artist in the book, each having 5 pages of space to their work. You would be a contributor and so forth and this would cost nothing. I will also mail you three free copies of the book. Again it's absolutely free.

There's also no money being made but I will be promoting my book and your artwork will be promoted as well.

I will jury the work to decide if it will go in so please only send JPGs or GIFs to this email: info@ghettoprint.com

The more URBAN / City Life, focused your work is the better but it does not have to be.

If your work is chosen… FINAL THINGS NEEDED:

1. Your BIO
2. Your work (5 pages only) and make sure you prepare the work for this size layout below:

Trim: 6.625x10.25”
Live Area: 6x9”
Margins: Top: .5”, Bottom: .75”, Sides: .3125”
Bleed: 6.875x10.5”

3. Formats: JPGS (resolution 300dpi ) , GIFS, PDFS

4. E-mail work or send me a LINK to each page on your site with high resolution.

5. Your CONTACT INFO

DEADLINE: February 28 2007 Wed.

Questions: mail@desire-grover.com

The book will be promoted on these two sites:

www.ghettoprint.com
www.desire-grover.com

Last edited by 19013 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHICKENS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What style of work are you looking for? Would my work be appropriate or would I need to change things up a little and write a story in five pages?

You may draw the final line, but I'd like to know where the line is so I don't come up short.

-albert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHICKENS wrote:
What style of work are you looking for? Would my work be appropriate or would I need to change things up a little and write a story in five pages?

You may draw the final line, but I'd like to know where the line is so I don't come up short.

-albert

Awesome! I love your strip's humor. It would be an honor to have five pages of it in the book. It doesn't have to be a full story. You strips would be perfect. Is the 28th of February to tight of a deadline? Please let me know.

I love the Pluto skit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and so soon after its comception! It is just over a week old today!

I will get to you, in the formats you require, five pages of material by February 28th; come Hell or high water... And I think I just came up with an idea for the five pages... >Smile

I will PM you particulars later on this week. (I have not slept in the last 29 hours, so you can understand this I hope)

So yes, you push me to new limits and I hope I can achieve them.

-albert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: S + P + I + D+ E + R + S _ SEVEN More Pages! Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that Spiders will be going to print soon. Can't wait to see it.

I'd be willing to submit my strip for your book, if you're interested. Let me know. It would give me an excuse to finally put some print-ready pages together.

Primary Source News | Spinzone Comics Collective
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: