TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet - A Non Euclidean War Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reverendocassidy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Quiet - A Non Euclidean War Story Reply with quote

Plug Is The Way To Enlightenment!

Quiet - A Non Euclidean War Story

The Nameless One was everything. Then, his whole reality vanished. He was summoned to our world by unknown forces. He starts exploring this new universe from the depths of subatomic particles. Devouring, growing, screaming for vengeance.

"Quiet" is what happens when Horror, Jackson Pollock and H.P. Lovecraft collide with Quantum Mechanics. Weirdness follows.

Enjoy!

drs285

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have so far is really cool. At first it looks like random BS you made up as a background for a poem you wrote, but then I lingered and I could see that something is indeed going on in the inkblob paintsmear madness that you call a "non-Euclidian."
EvilCouch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, some of the pages are really beautiful. 1 and 3 i believe were my favorites. the writing is also interesting, but i have to be honest and tell you the font sucks. it detracts the from the art and makes it annoying to read. i'm sure it's hard to find something that works with so much going on in the background, but i'd try some other options. i think part of it is the color which doesn't always go with the art at all, maybe plain white would work better. i dont know.

anyway, besides my font pet peeve i applaud you. it's a unique approach to the medium and it's rather intriguing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking interest in my graphic "chaosmos" (as Joyce would say).

Very Happy

#drs285
Well, I don't really like poetry because often sounds just like "random BS". In "Quiet" I tried to summarize with symbols of various kind some bizarre stuff (Bucky Fuller's Synergetics, Tim Leary's Circuits and Kabbalah, among others) I'm reading these days, all compressed in a more or less coherent storyline. I know I'm no scientist and I have only a vague understanding of those concepts, but I try to weigh my words carefully. So, yeah, something is going on in that symbolstorm which "Quiet" indeed is: maybe it's a mess and maybe even I cannot understand it fully, but it's there and I try to keep it interesting.
Another problem is that I'm italian and "Quiet" is a translation: I'm never sure if my grammar is correct or the words have the exact meaning I want them to have.

As a genius once said: I try to keep the lasagna flying.

#EvilCouch
May the Starry Wisdom shine upon thy tentacles.

#GingerDead
That's an insightful comment you've made: I noticed that something was really wrong in my pages but I didn't really focused it. The lettering was done quickly and carelessly. In the second chapter I'll try to work on it as I work on graphics and words.
GingerDead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw you can get free fonts on www.fontfreak.com , just make sure you enter the actual site and not get guided to a site where they charge. they have a huge selection of quality fonts i've used in various design projects for years.

you can also try blambot.com ...i think that's the url.

i wonder how it would look if you typed the text and sliced it out sort of similar to how www.asofterworld.com does.

just some thoughts. keep up the great work. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Megaton Nitro Fontsite suggestion, I'll start hunting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: