TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Family Circlejerk- a new webcomic-type parody thingy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furcrejaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: The Family Circlejerk- a new webcomic-type parody thingy? Reply with quote

[DEEP BREATH OF SINCERELY HOPING THIS COUNTS AS A WEBCOMIC]

I say webcomic-type because webcomic is used for lack of a better term. But hey, if Wikipedia calls this type of site webcomics, then who am I to argue? The Family Circlejerk is a tribute/spiritual successor to Dysfunctional Family Circus, and works similarly- A Family Circus comic is posted sans caption, and viewers are invited to submit their own. It can be found at
https://familycirclejerk.wixsite.com/familycirclejerk (hey, I'm not made of money)

So, I guess check it out? I know this isn't the typical kind of webcomic you see on this site or any webcomic listing site, really, which is why I'm unsure if I'm pushing the limits a little. I dunno what else there is to say, so I guess I'll say no more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a comic, it's on the web...it's a webcomic!

I mean I guess one could argue that it's a print comic that's been *pirated* to the web...but what am I, a lawyer? Hahaha! Oh dear me no. : o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
lawyer

TVTropes wrote:
Détournement [...] is a form of Parody in which existing material [...] is co-opted or repurposed for a message different from (or better yet, completely opposite to) the one it was originally intended to give.

Wikipedia wrote:
a work created to imitate, make fun of, or comment on an original work—its subject, author, style, or some other target—by means of satiric or ironic imitation.

US Supreme Court wrote:
parody is the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works.

Wikipedia wrote:
Although a parody can be considered a derivative work under United States Copyright Law, it can be protected from claims by the copyright owner of the original work under the fair use doctrine

Jeff Keane wrote:
nah its totes cool brah

(Scratch that last one)

Seems pretty airtight to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: