TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitreous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Vitreous Reply with quote

One mage. One nation. And an entire race's reputation on the line!

Hey all! I'm rd_inks and I write/draw Vitreous - a long-running action/shonen comic (mind you, it's only just started but I'll be around for a while!) Since I've got the ball rolling over at comicfury where I host this story, I figured now would be a great time to introduce you all over at TWCL! You can find out more about myself on the 'About' page when you click onto the story. Here's a quick link:

www.vitreous.thecomicseries.com

Vitreous follows the adventures of Artem - a travelling light mage - as he tries to get humans and mages seeing eye-to-eye in a nation which would happily see his kind wiped out. However, as he travels across Astria making unlikely alliances and fighting monstrously powerful foes, Artem soon realises fulfilling his grand ambition is much easier said than done..

I've been active on instagram for nearly 3 years now and Vitreous has been in development for 2.5. It's very much influenced by shonen action/battle manga such as One Piece, Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man in both art style and writing. However my main aim with it is to make these genres accessible while also trying to subvert some common tropes in the process (as the final line of the synopsis indicates).

Overall, I'm writing a series I'd want to read and that I hope inspires others to pursue their art ambitions. I hope you'll have as much fun reading as I do writing/drawing it!

Vitreous updates with new pages every Monday!

If you wish to see more updates, blogs and behind-the-scenes stuff, links to my Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook pages are below and on the site's navigation bar.

www.instagram.com/rd_inks
www.twitter.com/rd_inks
www.facebook.com/vitreouswebcomic
www.vitreouswebcomic.tumblr.com

Enjoy!

- rd_inks -

Last edited by rd_inks on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rd_inks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the slight delay but Ch 1.2 is finally here! We finally get to see what new villain Ramon's got up his sleeve, including a sneak peek at his superpower. As you'll see, he's really er...'hitting it off' with the folk of Folgend (that's one way to put it I suppose!) And as always, the author comments always share a little behind-the-scenes about character design and drawing challenges etc.

Have a read by clicking the following link - www.vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/15

The next update is due on approx 25.09.17 and will finally end Chapter 1. I can't wait to show you all what this first story arc entails - it's very much a 'mage of the week' affair but still has an overarching storyline to lead into the first big bad.

Anyway, here's a look at the first page for a preview of what's in store:

See you for Ch 1.3 - thank you all for your continuing support!

- rd_inks -
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

The final part of Chapter 1 is finally up, featuring some awesome action shots which were very challenging to draw! Artem finally throws himself into the fray in his first real fight!

Have a read over at:

vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/19

Also, some important news about Vitreous' update schedule...

Starting from next Monday October 2nd, Vitreous will now be changing to weekly updates! So now, you'll all get 3 pages of Vitreous goodness every week rather than waiting a whole fortnight!

I decided to make the change a) so things are more manageable on my end on all aspects - writing, drawing, storyboarding, promo etc and b) in an attempt to keep readership more or less constant.

And I want to just reiterate what I said in the author comments on page 19 - a huge thanks to everyone here for checking out Vitreous. As a first time comic creator it really means a lot and I'm dedicated to improving my craft to show you all an awesome story. I can't wait to show you what I have in store for Artem and Gust.

See you October 2nd for the start of Chapter 2 - Artem's Ambition!

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right folks, it's that time of the week! Chapter 2 - Artem's Ambition - has officially kicked off with 3 new pages! Artem finds himself in the midst of his first real 1v1 fight, while Gust finally makes it to the lighthouse to check on his friend...

Check out the first page below and click the link to head over to the start of the new update:

vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/25

This update was great fun to try out - check out the author comments for some behind-the-scenes info about creating the lighthouse + the inspiration behind Mason the lighthouse keeper's design.

And as always, let me know what you think!

Until next time,

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time of the week again - new Vitreous is here! I was out of town for the weekend + some challenges with this update mean it's out really late today. But whew...I made it in time for Monday night!

The series' first full-fledged fight scene is finally kicking off - come take a ringside seat as Artem v Ramon finally gets going! Turns out Artem wasn't just running for nothing. Rather, his power's previously mentioned lag time has just come back to bite him in the ass. But Ramon's wise to his opponent's tactics and makes him think he's totally lost him only to...well, check out the sample page below to see what I mean.

This week's author comments reveal more about the inner workings of Artem's power + a commentary on our hero's fighting style.

Head over to vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/28 to check it out!

See you next Monday where we'll see whether Artem will be coming up trumps in his first real fight. Now...onto storyboarding those pages and catching up on some Inktober! Enjoy and let me know what you all think Smile

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick mid-week update for you all - I FINALLY updated the cast page with the series' first real villain! Here's a mugshot of ya boy Ramon:

Check out his bio over at the cast page!

If you've been checking out the Inktober thread over at CF, you'll no doubt have seen my ongoing prompt story with Artem/Gust's travels. I'm not gonna spam up this thread with the individual pictures but do head on over to the thread OR my Instagram (link in sig and on the Vitreous page) to see them all.

The main reason I shant spam it up with them is actually because it's canon! I managed to figure out a way to fit it into the story between chapters 2 and 3 so once Ch 2 finishes in a few weeks time, I'll be putting them all up as Ch 2.5 Very Happy

In other news, work has begun on pages 7-9 of chapter 2 and I've got some awesome pages lined up for you. My instagram/twitter (@rd_inks) has WIPs and storyboards etc as usual so do check them out to get your fix in the meantime!
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Monday all - it's time for some more Vitreous! Pages 7-9 of Chapter 2 are now up and you can start at page 7 by clicking below:

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/31

Page 7 is also below to whet your appetite for this update. Things are going well for Vitreous so far - the site's finally been approved to show some adspace so I'll be getting that going real soon. And I've been busy working on plot beats for the later arcs (even going so far as to map out the penultimate one!) The FAQs have and cast pages are being slowly updated here and there as well and I'll be working on mugshots for characters who are yet to come - exciting times!

See you in a week's time for 3 more pages, after which I'll be taking a much needed break for a week. It'll give me time to finish Inktober and work on some site stuff as well.

Until next time!

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time of the week again - new Vitreous pages are now up! Ch 2 pages 10-12 are now live and strange things are afoot. Artem's really starting to feel the after-effects of Ramon's onslaught. As you can no doubt see from the preview page below, he's about due for a head-injury induced dream (flying through a window and hitting a chest of drawers at 100mph will do that to a lad)

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/34

Vitreous will be on break next week and will resume on 06/11/17. In the meantime the FAQs and cast pages have been slightly amended and on the latest update, there are a few questions you guys can get involved in answering regarding Artem's strange visions. I'd love to know what you guys think will happen next!

I'll be busy finishing up Inktober aka Ch 2.5, as well as doing some minor work on the website and maybe some actual writing (I haven't touched scripts for a while since I have a writing buffer cf an art one - I kinda wish I had the opposite sometimes!)

See you in 2 weeks!

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're back after a much needed break! Pages 13-15 of Ch 2 are now up! Here's page 13 for a sneak preview - can Artem bounce back after the epic beatdown Ramon gave him in the previous pages? Will the motivation of not letting Harley down be enough to help him turn the tables? Find out over at:

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/37

As usual, the author notes give an insight into the behind-the-scenes stuff that went into these pages. This is on page 15's notes, but what was meant to be the second half of chapter 2, will now be chapter 3 instead. And Inktober will therefore be chapter 3.5. Things are getting exciting!

See you next week for 3 more pages!

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the lateness on this one guys, but Ch 2 p16-18 are now up! The first is below for a sneak preview - Artem vs Ramon comes to a head as our young hero prepares his 'secret move' for one last final gambit!

Seeing as I've been late this week, as well as having a whole bunch of story stuff and other extras to sort out, I'll be taking another break. So the next pages will be coming in 2 weeks - I hate to leave it on such a cliffhanger but there is a silver lining here.

The next update is fully planned out so I can get straight to work on storyboarding/pencils ASAP and in exciting news Chapter 3 will start partway through it rather than having a break in between! I can hardly believe it myself :')

Here's the link for the latest update - see you all next time and I hope you enjoy these 3. They were a blast to draw as always:

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/40

rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're finally back - the last week was crazy for work which required a break, but I'm on track once again! As usual, there are 3 pages for your enjoyment - the first of which is the conclusion of the series' first fight: Artem vs Ramon! It's clear to see who the winner is here - read the author comments for more info about Artem's secret move!

And this week is real special because we're finally ringing in Chapter 3! Ah, so exciting! So keep clicking once you get over to the following link to see the first 2 pages Very Happy

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/43

Also - don't forget to vote for Vitreous over at Topwebcomics! The button is located at the bottom of the comic page. But for convenience, here's the link - you'd be doing be a massive favour by getting new readers in on the adventure Very Happy

http://www.topwebcomics.com/vote/22476

See you next week for 3 more pages!

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right people, it's that time of the week - a new Vitreous page is up for your viewing pleasure! This time, the light mage finally gets to meet the lighthouse keeper in a momentous get together that's been a long time coming! Click below to read (there's also a sneak preview lifted directly from Instagram just underneath)

So some news to let you all know about, which IS also in the author comments for this page, but for a while I'm gonna go down to one page a week. There's some work stuff that'll be keeping me busy and I'd also like to use this time to redraw the prologue/Ch 1 and get a buffer going over the holiday period. I do intend to get up to 3 (or maybe even 4) pages a week again at some point and a buffer will make that much less exhausting in the long run.

Anyway, here's the next page - see you all same time next week Very Happy

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/46

- rd_inks -
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for slightly early updates - the next page of Vitreous is up over at:

http://vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/47

Gust finally gets to start patching up our plucky protagonist while Mason hits him with a slight verbal smackdown! The majority of this chapter will focus on the conversation between these three (really it's mostly Artem and Mason) as some interesting things about the two of them are revealed over the course of the exchange. Exciting stuff!

In other news, I've finished storyboarding the redraws of the prologue/Ch 1 - and you'll get even more bang for your buck this time around! In addition to new artwork, there'll be three extra pages to help pacing issues I've spotted in the first run. 2 in Ch 1 and 1 in the prologue. I can't wait to show it to you (well, I've gotta draw it first! Hoping to use a few days off for that very purpose)

And here's a quick preview of said page:

And don't forget to vote over on TopWebcomics at the link http://topwebcomics.com/vote/22476

See you next week for another new page! Stay awesome, dear readers Very Happy

- rd_inks -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: