TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MK_Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I've noticed this too. I even mention that I update Wednesdays and Saturdays, but it still cannot seem to detect the update schedule. I don't want people to think I'm off schedule and be discouraged.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SunScales

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Comic listed with wrong name Reply with quote

Lee M wrote:
I'm a co-writer on the comic Storm Over Whoomera. The comic's entry is administered by creator/artist Ed Kline (lorddarke).

I've just noticed that the comic title is incorrectly given on the page as Storm Over W (even though the full title appears in the page URL!). I suspect that Ed mistyped or incorrectly cut-and-pasted the title.

My main concern is that this may be throwing off the comic's ranking - currently #7200 give or take, which seems surprisingly low, given that on Belfry it's consistently in the top 60 Most Read/Science Fiction titles!

So: is there any way to change the title in the entry, or would Ed need to delete the entry and then resubmit?

Probably not the title's fault. Your comic's status is "Not Checked For Updates" - the description of this status is "Quite simply we do not check this comic for updates. This can be for many reasons, maybe the comic has now finished or is incompatible with our crawler." Basically, the crawler isn't even trying to check your site for whatever reason.

You can try reporting the comic as broken and see if you get a response. http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/report.php
(Would suggest the same to MK_Wizard, if the status on your comic is anything but "Normal".)

However, if you want to edit the title, tell your partner to log into the site. They should be able to go to the page and try editing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: