TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many places would you recommend posting your comic at?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejmon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: How many places would you recommend posting your comic at? Reply with quote

Right now I post my comic Hominids at several different places. My website, Tapastic and Comixology. I do this largely to grow my exposure and be in different places.
I'm curious about other peoples experiences as to whether they have better luck bringing people to one place as opposed to many?
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post mine on my own site and also Tapastic, The Duck (aka Drunk Duck : P), Smack Jeeves, and Comicfury. And I post preview images on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, and Instagram. It's a bit of work, but I'm kind of addicted to the feedback I get collectively from all these places, since my own site doesn't have page comments.

Also, last I checked anyway, which was years ago, I did get some traffic from the mirror sites to my main site, so it's more or less free advertising; and the social media sites bring even significantly more traffic than that--especially Instagram, once I discovered only recently how to use hashtags there :P. Instagram alone--and I'm not at all a popular account on Instagram or anything--took my main site from something like 3-4k page views / day to 6-7k/day. : o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great to know. I've also gotten some traffic to my main site from Tapastic (and even got reviewed after someone found my Comixology). I haven't tried hosting on Smack Jeeves or Comicfury. I did Drunk Duck awhile ago but the site was a mess for awhile so I gave up on it.
Sounds like it's worth it to get it out there to as many sites as possible though. I think I'll try those three.
My social networking has been pretty good but I'm curious how you track people coming from Instagram? I haven't been able to track that.

Thanks for the helpful reply by the way.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejmon wrote:
My social networking has been pretty good but I'm curious how you track people coming from Instagram? I haven't been able to track that.

Yeah it's not direct tracking, I just know what my average page hits were before I started posting on Instagram, and what they suddenly went up to after I started posting there regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hosting through my own site, but honestly, a lot of the traffic comes through tumblr and instagram through side art and doodles.
TowniePlaceMedia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post my comic on my website only and post links to it on social media.
Nubiefox85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: How many places would you recommend posting your comi Reply with quote

Maybe cast=all would work in the place of where you had used the cast tag?

Ive never dealt with the cast tag, so this is a stab in the dark.
comics_fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldadd it to your website and any forum about comics. If you add comics to your website don't fixasparet forget to advert your website so many people can see your website and comics. If you want to know how to do this let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomics and Real Life All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: