TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to the Thread, But Not Writing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDemptioncomic2017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: New to the Thread, But Not Writing Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve. I am 40 years old, living in upstate NY. I have been writing for as long as I can remember, starting out with things that I called "novels" but were more like really long short stories, numbering about 40 handwritten pages.

At first my stories were lame knock-offs of the first author I ever read (Stephen King). Even when I outgrew my obsession with King, I stayed within the horror genre.

Then in 10th grade, I heard a song by the Cure called "Killing an Arab." One of my friends told me it was based on a book called THE STRANGER by Albert Camus. I read that book, and nothing has been the same ever since.

Now even though I still write dark stories (and in fact, the comic I wrote is a zombie/post-apocalyptic tale), I try to inject it with more than just shock value. I take a cue from Italian horror movie director Dario Argento, who makes what I call "art house slasher films." Most of his movies are basically slasher movies, but made with a bizarre sense of surrealism that elevates them to art instead of just exploitation.

In any event, that is me in a nutshell. This post is already a bit wordy, so I will save talk about my comic for a different thread.

I look forward to talking to you all.
REDemptioncomic2017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention that my comic is currently in development, with the first issue being drawn. I wrote it in five "parts," just like Shakespeare used to write plays in five acts. (In fact, for a long time I was jokingly calling it SHAKESPEARE WITH ZOMBIES.)

If you want to follow the development, we are on Facebook and Twitter.

www.facebook.com/redemptionwebcomic2016

twitter.com/REDemptionC2016
Polyak Attila

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! You could use this subforum for promoting your comic. A longer, more detailed description and maybe a few teaser images, or considering that it's still being drawn, some wip images would make it all the more cool to look at.
REDemptioncomic2017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polyak Attila wrote:
Hi and welcome! You could use this subforum for promoting your comic. A longer, more detailed description and maybe a few teaser images, or considering that it's still being drawn, some wip images would make it all the more cool to look at.

Thanks! I will definitely post the plot (without spoilers of course) and other things about it there. We do have a few pages drawn, so I can post some of those too.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to the forum! ^_^

By the way, the URL you entered on your forum Profile settings may be incorrect--the little "www" button the forum sticks at the bottom of your posts isn't linking to anything, at any rate. : o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:

By the way, the URL you entered on your forum Profile settings may be incorrect--the little "www" button the forum sticks at the bottom of your posts isn't linking to anything, at any rate. : o

I didn't put any webpage in there. Thanks for making me aware of it though. Smile

Could you let me know if my Facebook link works properly?
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDemptioncomic2017 wrote:
smbhax.com wrote:

I didn't put any webpage in there. Thanks for making me aware of it though. :-)

I don't see a separate Facebook link... The "www" button is still not working, though (you can see and test if for yourself on your own posts ^_^).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
REDemptioncomic2017 wrote:
smbhax.com wrote:

I didn't put any webpage in there. Thanks for making me aware of it though. Smile

I don't see a separate Facebook link... The "www" button is still not working, though (you can see and test if for yourself on your own posts ^_^).

I cannot do that at the time of this writing, because I am sneaking on this site while on break at work, and all social media sites are blocked. LOL
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The www link goes to your Facebook page now : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: