TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
systemcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: New Here Reply with quote

Yeah, I know that's an unoriginal title for an introductory thread, but I couldn't think of a better sounding one right now.

My name is Erin and I write & draw a couple web comics currently not listed with TWCL. Can I name them here because of that? I don't know, but I've joined this forum for chatting with other web comic authors and getting feedback on what I show of those two unknowns.

I've been a professional artist since '00 & have lived in multiple states across the US and am right now in Ohio.

total geek & nerd
friendly and I don't like troll confrontations
new age
shutter bug and media promoter

Smile
Tait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

It may be an unoriginal title, but it's functional and to the point. Smile

I don't think there are any rules about not being able to mention comics just because they aren't listed. Talk about any comics you want.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Tait's right. Feel free to talk about any comics you like. ^_^

We really don't have many rules here. Don't spam, try not to be unnecessarily rude to people and remember to listen to mods/admins (that mostly means me these days). Other than that it's pretty relaxed round here.

Very Happy
systemcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! Very Happy

There is a different web comic forum I'm in where the treatment of it's members isn't for the most part kind unless you're part of it's click.

*gives hand shakes to you guys*

I've been working on a series named "Light Bulbs" since Oct. '11. At first doing a web comic was meant to be a stress free hobby, and if you ever see it's early art you can tell I just didn't care at it's start, now I do.

It's had 262 pages posted at this point. Cool

The second web comic is named "Iron and Steel" and that's been running since Dec. 12th last year. That comic is more complex on backstory reasoning of existence. It's the fourth long story in a series of fan fictions that were all prose based to that point. Another reason for making it is to show I can do much better art than what I present with Light Bulbs which I use a different style on.

In formal hosting 99 pages up. On DeviantART 151 pages up. *fainting emote at work load*

I don't want to say more on them here. I know this isn't the place in the forum to talk in depth about these titles. I believe in forum rules etiquette to a tee. Smile

I've been drawing & writing comics since the fall of '92. Given I was a kid then, be grateful most of my learning to make these aren't on the net. Didn't have my first laptop till '00, and a tiny smidget of the work solely contained to having been done in the 90's is online thanks to scanning in pages.

I located TWCL because of some curiosity reading last night. After reading some reviews on the bad comics wiki site, I wondered if there was some rating site out there for the medium. Low and behold this place came up fast in searching the net. Very Happy

------
Editing this in: Why doesn't my avatar show up? It's a .jpeg with the right sizing, that in user settings the site claims to have accepted.
Wendy Wood
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

systemcat wrote:

------
Editing this in: Why doesn't my avatar show up? It's a .jpeg with the right sizing, that in user settings the site claims to have accepted.

The forum has it's own system for adding avatars and signatures, but it's kind of, um, broken... Unless you happen to have access to the admin panel, so send me a link to your avatar and I'll do it for you. Smile
systemcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally this was just directly uploaded from my computer to here. Gave a little upload to Photobucket for this, thanks! Very Happy

I'm a little surprised I had not heard of this place until yesterday. Looking at it's member index for forum to have been around since '99, it should be well acknowledged. Shame on spammers for having an attraction to here. Last night checking for a reply, I saw one attacked and earlier this morning another.

I have very few readers to my comics, but with Light Bulbs I do a mini-blog with it's weekly update. Would you like me to tell people about this place? As said in my first post, I do like to help others. Wink
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! : D
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!
That file was a bit on the large side so I had to do a quick edit to make it fit, but there you go. : )
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for another warm hello and thank you Wendy Wood for the avatar fix. Sorry about the size, the site mislead me to thinking it was acceptable. Embarassed
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: