TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have a procrastination problem.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScareGare

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: I have a procrastination problem. Reply with quote

I haven't made as much as one webcomic page is WEEKS, and the more I think about it, it tears me apart. I just can't help it even when I want to work on it and I'm only like 10 pages in. Sad

What do you guys do when you have a problem like this?
takoyama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortunately or unfortunately i dont have a posting schedule for my webcomic so i post pages when the creative urge hits me. right now i have a unfinished story arc that i need to close up but i have not been inspired to draw.
GrayFlames

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends - are you currently posting online and have a reader base? If not, then maybe just taking some time off would be good for you... help you clear your head and come back to it in a month or two with better skills or something.

If you have a set posting schedule like me, I tend to use various methods to get the drawing done when I'm procrastinating. Shouting at myself, drinking copious amounts of coffee, beer night, forcing the tablet onto my desk and drawing squiggly lines until something sticks...
takoyama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrayFlames wrote:
Depends - are you currently posting online and have a reader base? If not, then maybe just taking some time off would be good for you... help you clear your head and come back to it in a month or two with better skills or something.

If you have a set posting schedule like me, I tend to use various methods to get the drawing done when I'm procrastinating. Shouting at myself, drinking copious amounts of coffee, beer night, forcing the tablet onto my desk and drawing squiggly lines until something sticks...

does shouting at yourself work?
GrayFlames

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takoyama wrote:
does shouting at yourself work?

God, yes. Sometimes, my housemates walk in on me shouting random stuff. If it was anyone else doing it, they'd be more concerned.
Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some of my fuel.

Be warned! Once you begin to educate yourself on self-improvement, there is no turning back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-V8dg0BkAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pz03hNEVTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL2WM05cxkc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum