TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get Twitter users from scratch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aetherwing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending money on Facebook isn't really the way to go as far as I've heard from other artists, and I mainly just use mine to notify my friends and family who read my comic. Most of the likes you get on Facebook are hollow likes and probably not actual readers anyway.

As far as Twitter, being confident and talking with other artists is definitely helpful, following lots of other artists, and tweeting regularly with the correct hashtags are useful ways of getting noticed. There are also events every week such as #webcomicchat, where artists get together and discuss different topics related to making comics. It is an AMAZING way of meeting people and gaining new followers, plus learning all sorts of things. Twitter has worked wonders for me as a webcomic creator.
DruidCityComic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Participating in hashtags is a solid method for getting more impressions and interactions on your individual tweets. The more impressions you have, the more likely people are to see you and follow you, even if they're not entirely sure what you're about. Rather than trying to sell your whole personality or brand to Twitter users, it really seems that being topical is more important for gaining followers, who will follow you for the input on that one topic, then maybe stick around for the other parts of your Twitter presence afterwards.

ETA: I'll also add to the choir by saying that Facebook is a poor way to self-promote. Facebook only shares out posts from your page to a small amount of the people who have liked the page. If one of those few engages with the post, then it will be shared to others who have liked the page and so on. Twitter and tumblr shares out the post to everyone, and is far more effective, which is why my Twitter/tumblr followers number in the hundreds, but Facebook is sitting at 65 likes. I'll still post updates to Facebook because I can count on at least a few clickthroughs per week, but it isn't a great place to grow your following at all.
darthimmus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Tweeting Reply with quote

Likes are nice, but reposts and retweets are what I need. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomics and Real Life All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: