TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recommend e flipside-like comics, I am new to this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paoluss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: recommend e flipside-like comics, I am new to this Reply with quote

Hello. I hope this is the right place to put this.

So.. until now I was enjoying watching anime only. But two days ago I stepped on this webcomic called "Flipside". In no time I got so deep in it that I couldn't stop reading it. I finished it yesterday.
I am 19 years old male and this "comic world" is new to me. As far as I looked, I couldn't find anything so likeable, so I thought I'd ask you guys for help. I really enjoyed that fantasy, romantic, comedy, adventure drama and horror mix mix. However it was the comic's unpredictability, style and awesome characters / story, that got me so deep in it. And that mature stuff about sexuality and how it is taken so lighty and added so well to this story, making it so lively, yes, with all perverted jokes too (I guess I am into that stuff too). I definitely fell in love with characters and how they interacted with each other, their personalities, and the fantasy world.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you believe may be suitable for me.

Thanks.
cynical175

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsounded by Ashley Cope is great. fantastic fantasy art and great characters that really bounce off each other. If nothing else check this one out.
Maybe Dead.winter; Zombies, action, humour.
Gunnerkrigg Court is interesting. Mythological creatures/robots. at a school.
and I've started reading Broodhollow.

Drowtales by Kern.

all are fairly long running, continuous plot type comics.

Umm. I'm kinda just listing stuff I like. But maybe check em out.
cynical175

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as for funny sexy comics, Menage a 3

and OGLAF

super NSFW the both, but not all the time.
Metruis
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd like Oglaf, yeah. It's super NSFW, as mentioned. Ma3, not so much sure you'd like that one.

I think comics you might like include Goblins (Dungeons and Dragons, from the perspective of the low level monsters), Girls in Space (I don't think I need to explain this one), and Judecaa (I thought of it when you mentioned liking like, the horror and sexuality blend in Flipside. It's a bit weird, sort of urban fantasy thing). I also think you might really like Homestuck. It starts out pretty slow, but it does some pretty crazy stuff, including flash animations, etc, touches a lot of genre bases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: