TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to update comics ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikakurosette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: how to update comics ??? Reply with quote

can somebody tell me how to updaye my comics???
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: how to update comics ??? Reply with quote

ikakurosette wrote:
can somebody tell me how to update my comics???

On the main TWCL site:

Use the Suggest a Comic link to add your comic, if you haven't already.

Check that your comic has the correct date string somewhere in its main HTML file, e.g. index.html contains:
<!-- Last Update: 03/08/2013 -->
...or similar, where the date is in DD/MM/YYYY format. This is the string that gets checked by the comic database bot so make sure it's right!

If, after you update your comic, it doesn't show up in the the Latest Comic Updates list, you can contact site admin using the Report Broken Comic link.

In the "Brief Description of the problem:" field, explain that you've edited the Late Update date string correctly but the comic isn't showing on the comic updates list. The admin folks will update your comic's entry in the database so it shows up in the lists for subsequent updates.

My experience is that they respond pretty well to requests.

Hope that's what you're looking for!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving the details of how to update the comic..
Ghostfreak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: how to update comics ??? Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
ikakurosette wrote:
can somebody tell me how to update my comics???

On the main TWCL site:

Use the Suggest a Comic link to add your comic, if you haven't already.

Check that your comic has the correct date string somewhere in its main HTML file, e.g. index.html contains:
<!-- Last Update: 03/08/2013 -->
...or similar, where the date is in DD/MM/YYYY format. This is the string that gets checked by the comic database bot so make sure it's right!

If, after you update your comic, it doesn't show up in the the Latest Comic Updates list, you can contact site admin using the Report Broken Comic link.

In the "Brief Description of the problem:" field, explain that you've edited the Late Update date string correctly but the comic isn't showing on the comic updates list. The admin folks will update your comic's entry in the database so it shows up in the lists for subsequent updates.

My experience is that they respond pretty well to requests.

Hope that's what you're looking for!

Hello,

Could you elaborate on this? Where does that code go? On the main page? On my comic page? Where in the index HTML page?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: