TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't Buy Our Books On Indy Planet (This Is Serious.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Don't Buy Our Books On Indy Planet (This Is Serious.) Reply with quote

[UPDATE: The books have been removed. Indy Planet assures me this was a glitch and I tentatively will take them on their word, but this post's inquiries still stands.]

Last night, I was alerted to the fact that my books are being sold on Indy Planet without my permission, in spite of the fact that I severed my business relationship with them in 2011 and originally asked them to take my stuff down then (which they did,) and again after they relisted it in 2012 (which they did.)

If you have purchased any of the following print books at any time after January 1, 2012, then please let me know as soon as possible:

* To Velvet Rasputin #1
* SOUP Wars
* Bahktale Vasquez Hates Camello #1-4 (a.k.a. Rasputin Barxotka 1-2.)

Here's the full details of what's going on:
http://velvetrasput.info/2013/06/25/print-versions-of-velvet-rasputin-books-being-sold-without-our-permission/

If you have severed your relationship with Ka-Blam/Indy Planet and asked them to remove your books at any time, then I suggest you search the site to make sure that your books are still no longer listed. If they are still listed, please contact them as soon as possible. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by vaslittlecrow on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
iaviv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you stop using Indy Plant\Ka-Blam in the first place? Is there something suspicious going on with them that we should know of (other than this, obviously)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short version: Let's just say it was the hideous customer service, the multiple late orders (my favorite one arrived the day after the convention I needed it for,) curled covers on my final order, the lack of accountability when stuff went wrong, their inconsistently functioning message center, and a lack of a customer service phone number/published email address.

Last edited by vaslittlecrow on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
minki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's super scary. So despite having told them to take your stuff off their site, they still tried to go and sell it anyway? I'm frightened to think what would have happened had you not caught that.
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I was less scared and more furious when I saw that. At this time, they say it's a coding glitch, and the rep went out of her way to explain how they are fixing it so my items don't appear there again. I am hoping that they will honor this long-term. Having said that, if people need to check their items, I highly suggest they do so, since it seems to be a known bug in their system.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, c'mon vas...how do you expect them to make any money if the owners of property insist on the rights of their ownership?
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual Notice
I know, right? How dare I think such a thing!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up Vas...

I am about to do my first self-publication, but I think I'll go the Amazon way...

Cheers

Hippo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good plan, Hippo!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine used Amazon for his books, and did well from it. No problems that he ever mentioned to me.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaslittlecrow wrote:
Honestly, I was less scared and more furious when I saw that. At this time, they say it's a coding glitch, and the rep went out of her way to explain how they are fixing it so my items don't appear there again. I am hoping that they will honor this long-term. Having said that, if people need to check their items, I highly suggest they do so, since it seems to be a known bug in their system.

You know, if it's a known bug then the simplest thing would surely be for them to delete content from people who are no longer selling through them? If it no longer exists then it can't be sold.

Blog
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamuraiTaiga
I sell my eComics on Amazon.com and it's totally painless. I plan to expand into print as well with them.

wendyw
OMG Wendy!!! Are you insane? That would be too simple.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendyw wrote:

You know, if it's a known bug then the simplest thing would surely be for them to delete content from people who are no longer selling through them? If it no longer exists then it can't be sold.

Until the customer later comes back and says "Hey I changed my mind, I'd like to sell my books on your site. By the way I don't still have my files anymore, is that going to be a problem?"

So who do you get your stuff printed through?
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customers not backing up files or changing their minds are not an excuses for glitches that cause copyright infringement.

At least, you would think so. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be odd to try and sell something you don't even have anymore, even if you're the owner/creator. That sounds like something a fraud impersonating the creator might try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: