TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My IndieGoGo campaign!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: My IndieGoGo campaign! Reply with quote

Link: http://igg.me/at/magic-castle/x/3242585

My IndieGoGo campaign!
...is not actually in anyway related to my comic. I know a lot of people do that so they can publish a book, but... am I the only one who has heard of print-on-demand?

Anyway, I'm building a video game, and it's going to be a classicly-styled 2D platformer! Take look if you want to find out more, and please share!
MindChimera

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like fun! I was a little skeptical of what you were saying at first about how modern throwback games didn't quite have the same feeling (which I understand) but you had managed to get it. But once the character came up, I was impressed.

I was curious about the knight's model. Maybe it's just hard to tell from the video, but he kind of looks like a space marine type figure. Is this the final model for him, sans skin? I think he looks cool, but at least from the video, he doesn't look like a "knight."

Are you planning on trying to sell this for game consoles? Or is it going to be a PC downloadable game?

I'm pinching pennies so I won't be making a contribution, but I'll give some shout outs for you.

Good luck to you, good sir. Very Happy
CardboardCrack

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good luck. This looks like quite a project.

Is there a reason you chose Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter?
iaviv

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CardboardCrack wrote:
Wow, good luck. This looks like quite a project.

He says it in the video. C'mon.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MindChimera wrote:

I was curious about the knight's model. Maybe it's just hard to tell from the video, but he kind of looks like a space marine type figure. Is this the final model for him, sans skin? I think he looks cool, but at least from the video, he doesn't look like a "knight."

the character you see in the video is just one of the pre-loaded assets that comes with UDK. Hmm, I should have mentioned that; I'll update the video. It is not one I made, but one I will replace.

CardboardCrack wrote:

Kickstarter give you none of your funding unless you make your go, while IndieGoGo will optionally allow you to keep what you raise if you fall short. I suppose I *could* have gone with Kickstarter and just listed a far more minimal goal, like, the minimum amount I'd want anyway, but I kind of worry that people would see the project full-funded and not feel as inclined to donate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: