TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you keep track of web hits? Every get Army Military hits?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Secret Press Inc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Do you keep track of web hits? Every get Army Military hits? Reply with quote

I get tracking hits from the government all the time. Especially from Huntsville Alabama. You can not track it back to the source. I also had hits from the Pentagon and several other Government agencies that can not be tracked back to the source. I was just wondering if I was the only one that got these.

Of course, naming my company Top Secret Press was not the best idea either! So...
QueenAmanda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know what country my views are coming from, and nothing else. I have no idea if it's military or not for that reason.

Though it is odd that I'm getting views from South Korea.
Top Secret Press Inc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it is kind of funny. Is the military so bored they ae looking for extreme web comics? Do american taxes pay for that?

I have had 1 hit from North Korea and 2 hits from China in the last two years. North Korea was just last month, so that was weird!
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoD Office of Intelligence is constantly scanning all major media for sensitive information and hostile chatter. WHole divisions of the Air Force and the Army do nothing but listen to foreign radio stations and translating/transcribing their entire day for analysis by codebreakers.

It's nothing to be worried about. It's probably just a DoD spider looking for key phrases and other red flags.

And yes, other nations do it, too, or contract with the US for shared intel.
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a website, DOD has probably already scanned it.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QueenAmanda wrote:
Though it is odd that I'm getting views from South Korea.

You won't have to worry about that much longer.

Sincerely,

North Korea
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the possibility than some of your fans are in the military? And perhaps when they are off duty they like to read webcomics, including yours? And maybe someone stationed in Huntsville showed your comic to friends, and now they read it too.

People in the military and in the government are people too. Who says they can't be fans of a webcomic?
MindChimera

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marscaleb wrote:
Have you considered the possibility than some of your fans are in the military? And perhaps when they are off duty they like to read webcomics, including yours? And maybe someone stationed in Huntsville showed your comic to friends, and now they read it too.

People in the military and in the government are people too. Who says they can't be fans of a webcomic?

I was thinking that too. I know a couple of guys in the military and at least one of them has seen my comic. So yeah, I guess I do get military hits, haha.

I did notice one day that I had 41 visitors from the International Space Station. That was Google Analytics playing an April Fools joke though. I didn't really believe it when I saw it, but I also didn't realize what day it was, so I was really confused.
Top Secret Press Inc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marscaleb wrote:

True. I thought of that too. I do have nudity and violence in my comics so that tends to attract alot of military. Also, I think I am complaining because I have regular viewers. Not too smart.Smile

I don't take it all too seriously. It is just one of those things you wonder about like Are you the only one?. Obviously I am not. And thanks to everyone. Nice forum.
Top Secret Press Inc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="I did notice one day that I had 41 visitors from the International Space Station. That was Google Analytics playing an April Fools joke though. I didn't really believe it when I saw it, but I also didn't realize what day it was, so I was really confused.[/quote]

It would have been a week before I figured that out! I would have wanted it to be true!
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have, or had maybe - they haven't posted around here recently, a couple of military folks as members on the forum, so that doesn't strike me as odd.

As for South Korea, nothing odd about that. It's a relatively rich country, apparently has the best average internet speeds in the world, has a thriving comics industry and Ryan Estrada lives there.

Blog
QueenAmanda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendyw wrote:
We have, or had maybe - they haven't posted around here recently, a couple of military folks as members on the forum, so that doesn't strike me as odd.

As for South Korea, nothing odd about that. It's a relatively rich country, apparently has the best average internet speeds in the world, has a thriving comics industry and Ryan Estrada lives there.

I forgot Ryan Estrada lives there. That would be so kick ass if he was reading my comic. Doubt it, but... I choose to believe.
Top Secret Press Inc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this hit today : Australian Department of Defence.

They are gonna send a Dingo after me!
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Secret Press Inc wrote:
I got this hit today : Australian Department of Defence.

They are gonna send a Dingo after me!

Don't dis on the Aussies; ther record for holding the line, fighting to the last man, and general badassery is pretty damn impressive.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's just Hugh Jackman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: