TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doug & Elliot -- The Webcomic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elliot77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Doug & Elliot -- The Webcomic Reply with quote

Follow two mismatched roommates as they face the challenges of living on their own for the first time. Life is filled with nerdy jokes, quirky adventures, and an awkward romance. Alongside the main story, there will be spontaneous side-story adventures.
UPDATES EVERY THURSDAY!

Please feel free to check it out & comment/offer feedback. :] We're working on tweaking the actual site, so there should be lots of new content & updates, along with the usual Thursday update.

Thanks for checking the comic out! :]
Elliot77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a special post coming up this Thursday... a FULL COLOR BONUS STRIP. :] Also, now that summer is over and the website tinkering is mostly done, the author will be focusing more on the actual comic storyline. Meaning, perhaps more frequent updates!

Elliot77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what?! Doug & Elliot has reached 50 comics!

Along with our regular Thursday updates, you'll be seeing more new extra art in the days to come. Please feel free to check out the comic, comment, offer feedback, or share with your friends!

~~Follow two mismatched roommates as they face the challenges of living on their own for the first time. Life is filled with nerdy jokes, quirky adventures, and an awkward romance. ~~
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the dangling rear view mirror devil based on something real? I have an ornament just like it.

--

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Elliot77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, actually. It's a keychain from some funky store, Silverwood maybe?
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have one too I think it was from a Pier 21.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Elliot77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a Pier 21 where I live! :[

When I got mine he was red but after sitting in the car for years he's basically all orange now. I'll be sad if I ever have to replace him cuz I'm not sure the store I got him at exists anymore.
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First glace : Your art style is nice, but very "busy," which makes the shapes blur together without any shading / color. You would benefit greatly from either throwing in some flat colors or even just some gray tones. I know its kind of a pain in the ass, but it would help a lot.

I like the comic quite a bit either way though. Do you have a facebook page I can like? There's no way I'm going to remember to check your site without the facebook reminders lol (but i would like to keep reading.)

*Thumbs up*
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot77 wrote:
We don't have a Pier 21 where I live! :[

You did til those damn Silverwoods moved in.

Quote:
When I got mine he was red but after sitting in the car for years he's basically all orange now. I'll be sad if I ever have to replace him cuz I'm not sure the store I got him at exists anymore.

They sold with three similar ones the same shape and size- one was a zombie, one a vampire, and something else. I know everyone was dying to hear this information.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Elliot77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antleonardi01 wrote:
First glace : Your art style is nice, but very "busy," which makes the shapes blur together without any shading / color. You would benefit greatly from either throwing in some flat colors or even just some gray tones. I know its kind of a pain in the ass, but it would help a lot.

I like the comic quite a bit either way though. Do you have a facebook page I can like? There's no way I'm going to remember to check your site without the facebook reminders lol (but i would like to keep reading.)

*Thumbs up*

Thank you mucho! Razz I know the panels get pretty busy, and some of it is due to lack of colour and some of it is due to how small the panels are. I would like to colour it some day, but for the sake of speed in getting comics up, we've decided to leave it for now.

We don't have a facebook page! :0 Maybe I should make one... hmmmm. XD I WILL LOOK IN TO THIS.
Elliot77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antleonardi01 wrote:

We took your suggestion and made a facebook page! It's here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doug-Elliot-The-Webcomic/494960263899218
Elliot77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Episode 7, and the introduction of Doug's friend! Very Happy We're very excited to start getting more characters into the comic.

The latest episode can been viewed here:
http://dne.thecomicseries.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: