TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Scope - an adult sci-fi comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Black Scope - an adult sci-fi comic Reply with quote

Hello! So, making comics isn't easy. Not that I was expecting it to be easy. Since I've started to make Black Scope, I've been wondering if I'm making obvious mistakes I'm not able to see myself. I've got no direction, basically.

A quick synopsis: Black Scope is a science fiction comic about two employees of a production facility getting caught up in a political debacle involving another alien race. There's also an alien ambassador questioning her roots and two supposed terrorists. It's an ongoing story.

A few things I've noticed or am unsure about:

-I don't plan enough space for the speech bubbles.
-I'm not sure at all whether the story is interesting and moving at the right speed. I'm trying to be fast since I won't be able to do a page every day.
-Anatomy is hard. I'm actually sure about that one.
-Backgrounds; when do I draw them, when should I not draw them? Are they setting the scene right? I think this gets a little better later on.
-I'm not that good at speaking/writing in english (not my mother tongue), does this work so far? I can't tell.

I'd like to know if this is worth pursuing (I like making stories and drawing, but are they entertaining enough?), what your thoughts are, hat could be improved and... generally whatever pops into your mind.

Note: The comic deals with homosexuality/gay sex a bit (not the focal point and not too graphic), and shows a few hairy man-chests. It may be slightly NSFW.

Thanks for your feedback! And if you're just checking it out, thanks for that, too! Smile

Sample image:

Link: http://blackscope.the-comic.org (possibly NSFW, 16+ recommended)[/b]
MindChimera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good so far! I really like how the Varos look. The pacing seems fine to me and the story has me interested.

As far as your English goes, the only mistake I see is on page 16. In the last panel, he says "data damn stick", but it should be "damn data stick". But everything else seems natural. Very Happy
uno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for reading! Smile I fixed the mistake you mentioned. These seem to slip through from time to time. Happy to hear you like it so far.

I'm going easy on the art part since I want to keep updates frequent - 2-3 times a week when the 2nd chapter is out. It takes me 2-3 hours to finish a page. Is that within reason? (It's fun and I can make time a few times a week.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: