TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another New Webcomic Writer/Artist to the community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasteland_Auto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Another New Webcomic Writer/Artist to the community Reply with quote

I created my webcomic, and now I'll be looking to market it. It's always been my passion to tell stories and every once in a while, I find someone who will listen. I like to tell those kinds of stories that have levels of sarcasm and a good bit of drama.

Essentially I've written my webcomic to be a sort of 'High Tech Meets High Plains Drifter' type of deal, but without the fuss of spaceships. Also, I had to add in classic cars, and hot rod art. Also, strong female characters that don't need to have body complexes or wear string bikinis into a fight.

Anyways, hope to hear from folks on how to get the word out about it, where to go and the like. Also, I'm willing to help others if there's questions about Adobe Illustrator, or photoshop and the like.

Cheers!
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey WA. Welcome to the forum. The comic sounds great. I'll probably hit you up for advice on photoshop, I'm always looking to improve and learn.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Wasteland_Auto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey, no problem. I looked at Webcomic Pete and I gotta say, I really enjoyed 'Potential Difficulties' that's gold right there.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Hard to make sense of humor (so to speak). I thought that one was kind of weak and I was in a hurry to get the next one up!
Wasteland_Auto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I always find is the rushed, hurry up stuff always seems to 'read' the best as far as the art goes. 'Course, I am also pretty weird so that may not be true for everyone!
mcmasters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on another comic that's more polished and clean and has lines that actually spell everything out and end somewhere. "Pete" is more of an experiment in minimalism, with hints of arms and legs that kind of trail off into nowhere but give enough of a hint to tell the brain what's really there, or what's supposed to be there. I'm enjoying it and am trying to improve the art while using less line.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Wasteland_Auto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, that line between too much and too little can be a difficult thing to find at times. I'm currently enjoying switching over to a fully digital setup and work flow. My production is through the roof!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: