TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I'm Building a Fan Base

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anmetv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: How I'm Building a Fan Base Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm working on my webcomic/animated series Blade of the Last Gods, but I'm doing things a little differently on how I build my fan base. When we reach a certain amount of Facebook Likes, I release new content. So far it's been images but once we hit 10,000 Likes, it will be a webcomic. After 4 days we've gained 2,500+ fans.

Check out the page here and click "Like" so we can unlock the webcomic for all the fans!

http://on.fb.me/VTdSLF

RHB
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a Facebook account, so I'm probably not going to enjoy your comic. ^^;

Good luck with your project, nonetheless. Looks neat.

Building fanbases takes lots of time. I have a bunch of readers that keep coming back on my site for updates. Haven't accomplished too much in 1 year and a half since I started my webcomic. Must have like a little over 100 or so. I don't even know anymore since ComicRank died. They are veeery quiet and I rarely get any feedback. ;< I know they've increased since I started running campaigns on PW. If they like my stuff, they will be back for more.

And honestly, I'm sort of afraid of popularity. Shocked It has its ...downsides. I sort of want to have it one day, but I'm just not ready for it right now.
^_^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has been growing slowly but steadily. PW and word of mouth are my biggest factors. I've finally reached a point now where the fans comment regularly and voice thier opinions
I agree that too much popularity is a scary concept only b/c readers can point out alot of harsh truths and there is more pressure to preform for them. I think I rather ease into popularity than get it all at once. But if it happened I don't think I'd complain Wink
I gotta say the 2500 FB likes is impressive! I have a hard time getting my fans to connect to my comic' s Social media.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a great idea! Good luck with getting to your goal!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2500+ likes in 4 days!??!?! I don't even have that many views on my site, and it's been up for like 2 months. You're sort of holding your artwork for ransom, and it's totally working. I feel like if I did that my comic would just die from lack of interest.

Good job, really.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

narwhalknight wrote:
2500+ likes in 4 days!??!?!

Don't believe everything you read.
jimbeorni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel that my comic is too new to have much of a fan base. I known that some people are reading it because they are friends, but other than that I don't have much of a clue if they are coming back. I don't think I would hold my comic for ransom though, its just not my style.
I haven't started advertising yet because like I said the comic is new, but knowing at least 10 people probably look at it regularly is enough for me.

I hope that your plan works and you don't hit a dead end.

http://www.wisdomcookie.net
topjimcomics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your Facebook page go away?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know how you'd reach 2500 people in 4 days, much less get that many to hit "Like" on a thing they haven't been able to read.

My latest endeavor is to gather up all the creators of my favorite popular(ish) web-comics, email each of them individually, and ask them to take a look at my comic. If they like it, I ask them to tweet about it or Facebook it in hopes that some of their fans may cross over.

Also, pasting the link on every forum post I make.

www.kachingcomic.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: