TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

and another one bites the dust... R.I.P. Comic Hovel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlinecomics.net has been effectively dead for years, but it's still standing. I am not surprised about Comic Hovel, since you couldn't even update incentives there.
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I applied to onlinecomics.net probably about three years ago...and I see I'm still not in there yet. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
Yeah I applied to onlinecomics.net probably about three years ago...and I see I'm still not in there yet. Wink

Yep, same here. There's old code still chugging away with no one to mind it, but it's sort of like one of those Dwemer ruins in Skyrim... though minus the traps and mechanical guardians.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I gotta say, I still get the occasional visitor from Onlinecomics.net, according to my stats.

Nothing compared to InkOutbreak, Comic Rocket and TWCL, of course. (Not sure how many of those TWCL hits are from the listing and how many from this forum, though.)

Webcomics - Blog - Twitter
katastrophe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnK wrote:
Does onlinecomics.net still take new comics? I submitted mine a week ago and it has not been activated. I always thought that was a good site.

Heh. Online Comics. Let me tell you about Online Comics....

The deal there is the site died about the time I was starting up my comic -- so late 2008. But it never admitted to dying, and for about a year people were still getting added sparodically to the index. There was a thread for how long you'd waited, and eventually we figured out what was going on -- every so often, say once a month, one of the admins would check in, approve the top few comics in the queue -- maybe a dozen -- and then knock off again. So the most recently submitted comics would get approved. A few extremely stubborn people (I admit I was one Rolling Eyes) thus started resubmitting their comics every week or so in the hopes of being in the magic, lucky few that got approved when an admin checked in.

I have no idea why I did this; I do still get some good hits from Online Comics, but it took months of resubmitting and it can't possibly have been worth it. For some reason the situation really irritated me and I was dead determined to get a listing up. Too much spare time? Smile At any rate, it was only a month or so afterwards that the admins gave up entirely... I don't believe any new comics have been added since 2009. But people still use the listings, apparently. Someday it'll 404 and that'll be the end of that....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: