TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Heart of Time: time travel, vespas and pugs, oh my!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosda62

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: The Heart of Time: time travel, vespas and pugs, oh my! Reply with quote

Hey all,
I'd be very grateful if you'd take a look at my webcomic, Kairos.
Heeeres the blurb!

Kairos: The Heart of Time is a fantasy webcomic following the adventures of Amelia, a bad-tempered teenager and her pug, Gertrude. Amelia stole her father’s time machine (a modified Vespa) after an argument, but soon became lost in time when she discovered it was more difficult to drive than she thought. She and Gerty have just escaped an angry Elizabethan mob – where will they end up next?

I've just started out so I'd love some feedback. Currently it's updating a page a week, but I'm not sure that this is enough to keep readers interested? I'm also looking at overhauling the website (especially the portfolio section and background images - suddenly I'm not so in love with paper textures any more...).

You can find it at www.heartoftime.co.uk.

Previews:

The comic switches to B+W after the prologue, which looks like this:

Thanks for stopping by Smile

[EDIT: the name has now been changed due to it matching another comic - now it's just "The Heart of Time"]

Last edited by nosda62 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
ronin356

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great comic you have there.

If you are interested, there is a site for fantasy web comikers like you. It's called the Fantasy Comic Portal: http://fantasycomicportal.com/forum/index.php
I'm a member as well. Would love to have you and your comic there.

Check it out sometime. Have a good day! Very Happy
nosda62

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, thanks! Just joined, that site looks super good Smile See you there!
nosda62

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, new page is up! Please check it out if you have a minute x
ronin356

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining the FCP. Don't forget to turn in your application for your comic/Membership. There also have a page to put in your comic in the list of comics. Hope to see you there as well. Take care! Smile
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your art is exquisite!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronin356 wrote:
Thanks for joining the FCP. Don't forget to turn in your application for your comic/Membership. There also have a page to put in your comic in the list of comics. Hope to see you there as well. Take care! Smile

Cheers, you too! I'm going to wait a bit before applying as I'm not sure I quite qualify for the amount of updates yet...

vaslittlecrow wrote:
Your art is exquisite!

Thank you so much!! Hopefully when I can I'm going to add colour to every page, in this mystical future when I have free time ;_;

No updates this week sorry, have to do an animation test for work!! Scary scary...
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is beautiful. Love the front page.
nosda62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
It is beautiful. Love the front page.

Thanks Smile It's a wordpress theme - sliding doors I think? Took ages to customize, man I hate CSS!!!

New page is finally up - sorry about the silence! Passed that animation test which is great now I'm employed, but it means I've been crazy busy... hopefully I'll be able to update regularly now though. http://www.heartoftime.co.uk/newest
nosda62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New updates, woo! Last two pages were lineart due to time issues and technical difficulties, but this one is shaded all nice like - www.heartoftime.co.uk/newest.
Also, I finally have my first credit from work Smile An app I worked on, Mr Frog the Neighbour's Dog, is now available in english and welsh on iOS and android devices. Aww yis!
nosda62

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, I'm alive! A ton of new updates since I last posted, check them out over at the archive - http://www.heartoftime.co.uk/comic-archive.
Just booked three conventions for the next couple of months - Cardiff Comic Con, London Film and Comic Con and London MCM. If anyone from here is going it would be great to see you!

--

Last edited by nosda62 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine work and a fun read so far.

Pages are kinda slow to load (and sometimes didn't complete, I had to click reload) but I guess that's due to time of day, Saturday evening internet slowdown.

Gotta admit I was slightly disappointed when the color pages turned to B/W, simply because the color pages were so nice-looking. Time constraints dictate these things, I guess. But I couldn't help but wonder how Arthur and Letitia looked in color. Maybe something to consider if and when you update the About page! Just an idea. Smile Good luck with it.

PS - I clicked on your sigline pic, whose URL doesn't work ("Sorry, the website www.theheartoftime.co.uk cannot be found.") Consider PM'ing a request to wendyw to update the URL to http://www.heartoftime.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for checking it out Smile Yeah, I use photobucket to host my images, and it tends to be pretty slow - I might host them from my site instead and see if that speeds things up!

I started the first chapter in black and white because I was getting used to the schedule of producing a page every week, and it was a lot faster to produce. Now I'm nearing the end of the chapter and I'm desperate to start the next one in colour! Hopefully everything will be in colour from then on if I can manage it, and I'll probably go back and colour this chapter if I have time in the future.

Thanks again, I'll fix the link too!

--
nosda62

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New page! Still needs some tweaking but oh well.. one more page till the end of chapter one! www.heartoftime.co.uk/newest

--
nosda62

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter one is now COMPLETE! There may be a little break before chapter 2 starts because of birthday/glastonbury/workdeadlines/convention madness, but should be back to normal soon Smile

--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: