TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Need a Writer!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexMC18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: I Need a Writer! Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I'm just going to give you some basic info: I'm a 15 year old with some art potential. I have read Cyanide and Happiness for some years, and its creator, Kris Wilson, started the comic at an age just a few months older than mine.

I hope to be the next Kris Wilson; I started Xtreme Comics back in October. I did several three-second animations on YouTube, and then I went to simple hand-drawn and Photoshop-made comics.

However, I am looking for further talent, and need someone who can draw and commit to a longterm deal with this. I plan for this to go far.

Currently, without funds, there would be no payment yet. I am not making anything from this and neither would you be.

I currently only have a Twitter account for it, @XtremeComics, and plan to get a website in the near future.

My target audience is 15-25 y/o Americans and Brits (I'm from the New York State)

Please contact me by PM or email at alexander.colombo@rochester.rr.com if interested.

I will provide much more information with your inquiry.

Thanks,
Alex
mcmasters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alex welcome.

Better to start young then start as an old fart like me...anyway:

I think the problem is before anyone would choose to join you as a writer they would need to see some really good art. If it's stick style and they had some good ideas they would just do the art themselves.
AlexMC18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
Hey Alex welcome.

Better to start young then start as an old fart like me...anyway:

I think the problem is before anyone would choose to join you as a writer they would need to see some really good art. If it's stick style and they had some good ideas they would just do the art themselves.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course I'll post some art, but do you mean just art in general that I'm capable of creating?

Thanks,
Alex.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly. So someone can say Hey, I've got some ideas that would go perfectly with that style of art. But again it needs to be something they can't do themselves.
Valgrim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best way would be to post some sequential samples. This will give prospective writers a sense that you can handle a sequential story ie; a comic. And as Mcmasters said it will show your style.

And yea it's great to start so young. I wish I could go back. Or at least travel back in time and give my 15 year old self a clout on the head. Does being 35 put me in the old fart club? Smile

-Tom
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrim wrote:
Does being 35 put me in the old fart club? Smile

-Tom

Zip it, whippersnapper. Smile
Valgrim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! You're out of touch old man! You don't GET me!

-Tom
eternalscrappy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,

dont know if you're still looking for people but i would love to see your art work. see what type of style you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum