TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zombie Apawcalypse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flynnzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Zombie Apawcalypse Reply with quote

Hello all, hope it's not bad form to sign up and immediately start self promoting, but the sub-forum name made it seem like it might be ok.

So without further disclaimer, here's something I've been working on for the past few months. In case photobucket is wigging out and the images above aren't working, here's a text link- http://zombieapawcalypse.com - Yes I'm such a noob that I forgot how to access the art on my own site, and my friend who knows these things is asleep. Oh and I still use photobucket Wink

Ahem... anyway... very brief background... if you care... I used to draw quite a bit as a kid, then put it on the back-burner in favor of musical interests for the past decade. Lately I've been feeling musically stagnant, so I've been messing around with drawing again to keep creative.

This comic started out as a doodled joke on the whiteboard in my cubicle at work. Some friends got excited at the notion of elaborating on the idea, and I thought it might be worth a go, not to mention a good excuse to keep my pen tablet from gathering dust. Been fun so far! Hope you like.

-Flynn
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was epic! Nicely done, good style, many amusing pages.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty amusing Smile
I'll have to see how it develops, but good job so far!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed. Smile

Just to note, this took me a while, so I don't expect to be able to keep up with the breakneck pace of the internet. Writing episode 2 now.
TrAgEdYMangaKA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. nicely done. Very Happy
SidneyConrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many good things to say about your work. I really love the black and white look, your line work, the dialogue, and everything else about it. It's such a silly concept but it makes zombies feel really fresh. There is also something about the way you draw your cats that sort of remind me of Calvin And Hobbes (must be the eyes and head shape, a little bit of the humor too). Great work and really looking forward to Episode 2.
captmoosestash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic comic! Love the style, and the story. Please keep posting!
flynnzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I have a full time job that leaves me feeling rather uncreative at times, but episode 2 is written, and I certainly intend to finish it. Only got one page of art done so far tho, so it will take a little while, as each page takes me at least 2 days when I'm focused, and other excuses too Wink

But glad you like it! I will post here when episode 2 is up!

Oh and I am heavily influenced by Calvin and Hobbes. I loved that strip as a kid, and my old comic George and his Pencil had much homage, or just straight up ripped off the style a bit, and these cats are kinda drawn similarly to the main character in that. So, good catch Allen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: