TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slim+Dave (...oh, and Happy New Year!!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slim+Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Slim+Dave (...oh, and Happy New Year!!!) Reply with quote

Hi there!

I started making a webcomic for a film blog a little while ago but after they shut up shop I've recently moved on to my own site!

The comic's all about movies and I've not got too much of a back catalogue just yet but I hope you like what's there (I'm on holiday still so the latest work-in-progress that should appear later this week has become a tad more ambitious than expected now I have a little free time for a change!)

So, I hope you like Slim+Dave and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

http://www.slimanddave.com/

Hmm... I should probably give you some taster beyond the two characters' heads there, soooo... here's a panel with Lego Batman and Superman, enjoy!

Rob

(Oh, and also there's the page here at the webcomic list -> http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/22762/SlimDave )
Slim+Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bumping the thread but I just wanted to share that the comic I mentioned in my previous post (that was taking a bit more time than usual) is up and if you've seen The Hobbit then I hope you like it!

(don't worry, I won't post like this for future comics! Just this one Smile )
LifeInPanels

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting haha, I just started reading your comics without reading your actual post and then I realized that they all had to do with movies. I'm curious, would you ever make other kinds of comics? Because if this film blog "shut shop" you're free to do what you want right? Of course if this is your thing, by all means continue. Anyways, those are just my thoughts.
Slim+Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for reading! And I am free to do comics on other topics now, but I'm going to stick to film-themed stuff because I'm a bit of a film nerd and while there are plenty of video-game-themed webcomics out there, there are surprisingly few film ones so I'm going to stick with it. I quite like the focus of sticking to one form of nerdom lol
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's different and that's often a plus so I would stick with the movie theme.
Slim+Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mcmasters Yeah that's what I've been thinking, it's sort of a niche subject among webcomics and it gives me plenty of material to work with Smile
captmoosestash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really wonderful comic, thanks for sharing!
Slim+Dave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@captmoosestash Thanks a lot! Sorry I hadn't replied sooner but unfortunately work pretty much took away my comic-time for a couple of months there, but I've managed to get two new comics out in the last two weeks which is a good start at getting back on track!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: