TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vorto the Pirate - Retro Sci-Fi Webcomic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleRobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Vorto the Pirate - Retro Sci-Fi Webcomic Reply with quote

'Vorto the Pirate' is two-fisted adventure on the high seas of space.

Vorto is an adventure strip centered around the notorious space-pirate, Emile Vorto, his companions, and the empire which has enslaved him. Vorto battles the pilots of the deadly Scorpio Squadron to win his freedom and that of the peoples of Orgom. This retro sci-fi webcomic updates weekly on Sundays.

Join the Uncle Robot Society to help battle the forces of the empire and defend Orgom. As a member of the Uncle Robot Society, you'll receive your own Uncle Robot Society decoder ring, membership certificate, T-shirt, art print, and more!

dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I enjoyed reading that, I like your style and your story's pacing.

Observations:

The landing page doesn't have navigation buttons, which made for a disconcerting moment, but once I clicked on any of the Latest Comics links (including the latest page) the buttons appeared.

Page size is a little small for me, on my bog standard 15.4" laptop screen, but I hit Ctrl-plus 3 times to zoom in and everything was easier to read.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! Yeah, oddly enough, the landing page does have nav buttons, they're just hidden under the banner ad, and I can't figure out how to get them to play nice with one another. I'm going to have to have our web guy work on it.

Could you do me a favor and go back to the landing page and try clicking on the strip? It should blow up to full screen if you do. Yeah, it's not the best. Something else I think I'll ask our web guy to fix.

I appreciate the feedback.

Uncle Robot

dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd noticed the click-for-full-size option (with some comics, you gotta click on the current page to make nav buttons visible, so I tried that), and then click outside the full-size page to return to the comic page, but that's extra clicks, which my tired old mouse button finger does not like. Smile

No worries, I've already found my solution, and my browser remembers my zoom factor when I re-visit your site.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely right. Extra clicks kill. We'll be fixing it asap. Thanks!

Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice look ala Fulgor & Co, although I just have looked at the first page. I think I would enjoy these comic much more if it would be printed on (non-glossy!) paper. Is there also a black&white version on your hard-disk?
UncleRobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We plan to release a print version in 2013, but for now online and full color is the only format for Vorto.

UncleRobot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleRobot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Contest and T-shirt Giveaway Reply with quote

Contest Announcement! As you may have noticed Uncle Robot has been leaving encoded messages for his Secret Society members at the end of each 'Vorto' strip recently. Beginning in February he'll be leaving special messages. The first society member to decode those messages and e-mail me at vorto@unclerobot.com with the correctly decoded message will win a brand new Vorto t-shirt of their very own!

If you still need to join the Uncle Robot Secret Society and get your own official decoder you can do so here...

antleonardi01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unclerobot, you seriously nailed the retro style. I love the art in this strip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: