TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers (check first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goober4473

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to remove associated comics, delete comics, or delete accounts?
slave2moonlight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, please help if you can.

My site does not get checked for new updates. I'm not that computer savvy, so I really don't know the reason. Here is the site, if that will help: http://moonlightmotelcomic.com/ I try to post a new strip once a week.

Here it is on the webcomiclist: http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/20801/Moonlight-Motel

If there is a way to let you know manually that a new strip is up, can I do that?
BCtalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eve Z. wrote:
Hey, how do I change my signature on this forum?
I tried to go to Profile, but it leads me to the TWCL profile, not the forum profile and I can't seem to find anything related to signature.

Thirded, having the same problem as these guys. I followed the instructions in FAQ, clicked the profile button, and it is for the list, not the forum. As far as I can find there are no options to alter the sig.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCtalk wrote:
Eve Z. wrote:
I tried to go to Profile, but it leads me to the TWCL profile, not the forum profile and I can't seem to find anything related to signature.

Thirded, having the same problem as these guys. I followed the instructions in FAQ, clicked the profile button, and it is for the list, not the forum. As far as I can find there are no options to alter the sig.

PM moderator wendyw, she'll edit your sig for you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I signed up here to get my webcomic out there just recently, so I apologize for my limited knowledge. I was just inquiring about how to get my comic's status out of Not Yet Processed, as I have not been able to as of now. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
Varethane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently recoded my site and I think it may have been made incompatible with the crawler? At any rate, the URL listed on my comic's TWCL profile is correct and updated, but the site is listed as 'not checked for updates' (here).

Is there anything I can do about that? My site is now PHP-based... should I redirect the TWCL link to, say, my RSS feed, or is there some code I can add to my page to make it checkable by the crawler once again? TWCL used to be one of my bigger referrers so I'm pretty curious about this. XD

Thanks!

Edit: If there's a way to add the code so that it doesn't, say, require me to manually edit my index file and reupload it with every update, that also would be appreciated XD;;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varethane wrote:
My site is now PHP-based... should I redirect the TWCL link to, say, my RSS feed, or is there some code I can add to my page to make it checkable by the crawler once again?

Are you on ProPanda by chance?

This is the code I used:

Code:
<?
$yr = str_split($comic, 4);
$monthday = str_split($yr[1], 2);
?>
<!-- Last Update: <? echo $monthday[1].'/'.$monthday[0].'/'.$yr[0]; ?> -->

Put that in your header (after any include or include_once statements!) Then report your comic via the Broken Comic link. I did this,
and I've just heard back that the crawler is happy.

If you're not on ProPanda ping me here or on the Spiderforest forums. I may be able to get you fixed up. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on ProPanda, actually! Trying out that code now, here's hoping it works!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a size/dimension limit on signature images? How about a character limit? And are animated images okay?

I'm also not seeing the "edit signature" option in my profile settings, to say nothing of any information about the requirements, and I want to be able to PM the mod a single rule-abiding signature to add...
DoctorStevehatten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
BCtalk wrote:
Eve Z. wrote:

PM moderator wendyw, she'll edit your sig for you.

I PMed her and haven't gotten a response... it's not a BIG DEAL or anything, but it would be nice.

I would like this to be my sig:
http://argumentcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Full-Banner.jpg

And this to be my avatar:
http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/images/pi/22524
floordumpcomics

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Same as above. Reply with quote

I would like a signature linking to my webcomic, but there is definitely no option to do so. Is PMing still the go to method?
StretchLongfellow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY comic, Spoofy Randomness, is being listed as not checking for updates. Not sure what's going on with this, as it seems to meet all of the qualifications to be checked...
izumiryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I see the code for making sure the comics update, I know to put it inside the HEAD tags, but which .php file do I add it in in ComicPress 4.0? I've already tried just header.php and this site is failing to recognize the update.
Foodgiver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Since comicpress underwent a complete redo from the old versions in version 4.0 (it is now based on Easel), I figure some of you may be stuck wondering how to get the update tag in.

In comicpress 4.0, I added just two lines of code to content-comic.php:

Code:

$thewebcomiclist_crawler = "<!-- Last Update: ".get_the_date('d/m/Y')." -->";
echo apply_filters('comicpress_display_post_date',$thewebcomiclist_crawler);

Put this somewhere in the <div class="post-text"> div. It should be as simple as that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: