TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so Comicracy has apparently bitten the dust...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afterthedream

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: so Comicracy has apparently bitten the dust... Reply with quote

Can't say I'm really all that surprised. Although there were a decent amount of webcomics participating, the site got basically zero traffic. It often didn't update until a week or two after it was supposed to, and was plagued with spammers and cheaters. It's a shame, though, because it seemed like it had potential. Maybe it's not dead after all and the webmaster has just temporarily pulled it down to magically address all of the aforementioned problems. Guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you all for your interest in this page and the website. However I have decided to take it down, good luck to you all in your endeavors.
CC's admin on FB
So, basically it's a R.I.P. Confused

You pronounce sentence upon me with greater fear than I receive it. ~ Giordano Bruno.
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of the site before. Out of curiosity, what did they do?
afterthedream

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was sort of a webcomic ranking site like topwebcomics.com, but it had its own spin. You got points whenever someone visited their site from yours, and also whenever anyone gave you a five star rating. A comic could only be rated once per person every time it updated, so it encouraged webcomics to update more frequently (I did fairly well on the site since ATD updates three times/week). You could also "collect" other webcomics and have a little portfolio of your favorites together. You could get your comic on the front page several ways: most points, highest rated, most collected, or simply most recently updated, so there were several ways to get your comic seen. You could also leave comments on other folks' comics. Overall I thought the site had some good ideas, but as I mentioned initially, it had some management/user abuse issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: