TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New webcomic - Find Kelley Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillKelley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: New webcomic - Find Kelley Green Reply with quote

Hey folks! My life-partner and collaborator Sarah has been working on a web comic that started in October... Although the idea had been gestating since she finished high school. She's completed 8 pages that are available to read now, starting here:

http://kelleygreen.sbanning.com/comic/?p=23

Every page has been painstakingly hand rendered, scanned, cleaned up and digitally painted. Obviously, we both have day jobs, so it can be a struggle to maintain it consistently.

We're trying to bridge the gap between older and younger audiences; it's a sweet and sentimental story about imaginary friends and what happens to them when you grow up and forget about them... but with a much darker tone than 'Fosters'. I draw other comparisons to Dark City and A series of unfortunate events - there are frightening elements but it will remain whimsical for the most part. Certainly no bad language. Cool

We'd love to hear what you think!

Last edited by WillKelley on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your art is beautiful! It almost looks like color pencils, rather than digital.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, she really appreciated that Smile

Sarah has taken some feedback from a few other sources this week, I have a feeling the next panel may look a bit different.
vankman13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Vas. Art is absolutely beautiful, story is captivating. Can't wait for more.
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fun read and easy on the eye art, I was annoyed when I ran out of pages, good job.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just hit the end of 'chapter one' and I'm hoping I can get some feedback. Chapter two will start soon from the perspective of "the girl in the window"

We're going to have a small press booth at Wondercon if anyone is going? Smile
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, your art is fan-fucking-tastic Smile Really looks like disney!

The story is interesting and holding my attention.

Please more!
WillKelley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Sarah is cranking out more pages again. Chapter 2 began on Sunday and there should be another update later this week. I wish I could help her more (it's a lot of work and she has a day job) but alas I am a mere graphic designer with poor draftsmanship... So instead of helping I'm making some cubeecraft versions of her characters Idea
LifeInPanels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I found myself getting into the comic pretty quick. The 3rd page was a real good hook for me haha. Your artwork is also very nice! About your text, is it the same as the text used for "Walt Disney"?
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm impressed. I especially like the coloring, but the art in general is good - it's solid and consistent. It all reads very easily, it's quite a page-turner at the moment, but it remains to be seen where you are actually planning to take the story.

If I have to find some minor things to point out, I think something's still off about the lettering. Little details make me assume it's hand-lettered, which would be fantastic. Still, it is decidedly uppercase, except for the letter "i". It's far from being a dealbreaker, but it just stood out to me. The "e"s also stand out a bit, though I can't quite put my finger on why either.

I have to say, chapter 1, page 1, final panel: I love it.
WillKelley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah got a BFA in animation, which might explain the Disney connection. She is indeed hand lettering it. We're thinking maybe it's time for her to have it made into a font, that way she doesn't have to hand letter every panel, with the exception of words that need special emphasis... But yeah, sorry if the letters are bothering you, it's a labor of love for her really, I think she really enjoys doing everything... even the scan cleanup Shocked
Gual-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful art style and great characters. The story is interesting too. Only complaint is it has too few pages at the moment Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies to anyone on TWCL waiting for an update; we've been contracted to do a children's book, so Sarah is splitting her time between the two projects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: