TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old projects revived # 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Old projects revived # 1 Reply with quote

Old projects revived: # 1 "their satanic majesties cthulhu request"

Some times ago I worked on a short animation documentary based on my lovecraft-related "Bad Moon" comic. The idea was to make a short, lighthearted documentation about the connections between the fictious cthulhu-cult and it's reception in reallife cultism. You know, something in the style of "Hollywood Babylon" in cartoon style. I wrote a basic script and made some short animations back then. It is noncommercial fan-product, meaning it's not going to make any money. There are some things I would need as help to revive this thing:

1. A native speaker to read over the script. (It isn't very long. 3 and a half pages at maximum so far.)
2. Anyone who is interested in the topic, is welcome to add.
3. Very important: I would need a suitable speaker for Ariane, who is hosting the short movie. Maybe some young actress training a mock accent? (I though about Interviews first, but people who could say something to this are either dead or out of reach for a noncommercial project.)

There are some fragments of the movie I uploaded for testing, without sound, and still not complete at all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZPMz0VVrmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__s3bCbBSQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkdv-hQGNs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPUDjhr_7Y&feature=plcp

And before anyone wants to accuse me of anything, I am not a cultist myself, I am just interested in the phenomena of a religion pureley invented for some good horrorstories becoming so popular that a lot of people actually belief it is real. (Most of the stuff is pure tongue-in-cheek, but a lot of people actually believe that the different fakes of the Necronomicon are based on a real ancient book.)
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very curious to see the finished project once it is done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might take quite a time, as it is one of many ideas I have and there's a lot to do at the moment, leaving less time for the art. But I do hope to get some help with that project, still. The suitable speaker is one big problem, but who knows, maybe I find the fitting person here.

But here is a graphic that would be used, just to give a impression about the subject:
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like you'll have plenty to work on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the text isn't that long. For example the graphic above does have about one or two sentences for each connection, and I would just color the name and the line spoken about in the animation. Other animations in between are more work, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum