TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Rough House" a new webcomic by yours truly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JordanLCook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: "Rough House" a new webcomic by yours truly! Reply with quote

Hello all!

I've recently launched a webcomic, www.roughhousecomic.com. While perusing the net I came across this website and thought I might as well post a thread in an attempt to get some feedback and hopefully some readers. I've been working on this project for some time and it's an ambitious one: I plan on drawing this comic for many years to come! The website is still young but I will be updating daily until further notice. Welp, I guess that's it. Thanks to anyone who checks it out!

Doogl McDoog
Blue Dali Person

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Doogl McDoog on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JordanLCook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doogl McDoog wrote:
It's hard for me to say anything about your comic yet because there's only four pages and only one of them has any sort of "action," but I'm really excited for what you draw in the future.

When I saw the picture you posted here, I immediately thought of Dragonball Z and Toriko. The tall, muscular, bald guy showing his back reminds me of Frieza, and the person kicking on the right with the open nostrils reminds me of Komatsu, after he eats century soup!

What I especially like about your style is that every character looks different. Each person's nose, eyes, mouth and face is a different shape and I think that's GREAT, because you so rarely see that variation in character design in manga or comics that were inspired by manga. And it seems like you have a lot of characters planned, which is really exciting. I love ensemble casts!

Were you also inspired by One Piece?

Oh, one more thing - the background on your website, the characters on the side are great, but the blue and red "ROUGH HOUSE" in the center is kind of distracting from the text you have above it. I recommend making the transparent white background more opaque.

Thanks so much for the reply and kind words!

You read me like a book (or a manga i guess)! The only comparison you made that I was unaware of is Toriko, since I haven't read that one, although I have heard good things about it. As for DBZ and One Piece: YES! apparently it's more than obvious that those are two of my favorite manga/comics ever, and this project in a lot of ways is my homage to the shonen genre.

I'll look into adjusting the background like you mentioned, I guess it does kinda have a lot going on in it...

I would like to post more pages, but it seems comic press was designed only for daily updates at best, so i guess that's how I'll proceed (unless I'm missing something). But since it is moving along slowly but surely, and you seem to like action in manga as i do, here is a page from an upcoming action sequence!

-Jordan
Doogl McDoog
Blue Dali Person

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Doogl McDoog on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am; edited 7 times in total
JordanLCook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, and I used to have a smackjeeves account too... I guess I just wanted to host it myself, that's why I went the comic press route.

Anyways, thanks for checking my work out, glad you like it!
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! I love your contour hatching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks a lot! I try.
JordanLCook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much has happened in www.roughhousecomic.com since I last posted! Here's a drawing a did recently of the cast, hope you guys like it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: