TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was that webcomic?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveroni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: What was that webcomic?! Reply with quote

A while ago I read a webcomic that I enjoyed, but never bookmarked and now I've forgotten totally its name because I'm dumb.

The protagonist was blonde, chubby, wore glasses and had serious self-esteem issues. Most of the comics involved him trying to get a job or just get by on what little he had.

Other characters included a cat that apparently often killed the protagonist with bladed weapons, a character named "writer's block" that was a friendly, upbeat cube, and a think a hobo was in their somewhere. Or was it the protagonist became a hobo?

I got the feeling the artist was using the character and series to express his own self doubt with an incredible artistic talent and humor. I believe it ended, which is why I stopped reading, but now I feel compelled to review it. I remember the artist's website had several other webcomics as well.
iaviv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Horribleville by KC Green?
http://horribleville.com/d/20051220.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, yes it is! How could I forget that? Thanks Iaviv, however that may be pronounced!
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I didn't know about that comic. Now he does Gunshow, and he even just started a new comic, L.A.I.D.A.D., which appears to be running entirely through tumblr.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@smbhax.com - Ah, cool! Didn't know about his tumblr comic. Thanks for the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: