TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tool for viewing web comics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrpware

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Tool for viewing web comics Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and have only recently found the world of web comics. There are so many great ones out there that I've found myself trying to follow quite a few starting from their beginning. When it became too cumbersome to keep track of my place within the archives of these serialized comics I decided to write a program to help out.

The app is called Web Comic Portal (WCP) and it is written for Windows (which is what I work on all the time so sorry Mac lovers). The program is a simple browser combined with a list management function. You specify a comic name and a starting URL. The last page of the comic you visited is always kept track of. So the next time you launch WCP you can pick up right where you left off.

I'm not trying to make lots of money with this. I do have a PayPal Donate button in case anyone really likes it and wants to make sure it is maintained. There is no spyware or virus crap in it. It just loads the URL's you give it.

Since it has proved useful to me I thought others here might be interested. Constructive criticism welcome.

http://jrpware.weebly.com
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds interesting. I couldn't tell from the description: is it a browser itself, or a browser plug-in, or a separate program that somehow keeps track of what the browser is doing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being unclear. It is a stand-alone browser application with a built-in list manager that keeps track of your web comics. It is not a add-on or plug-in to other browsers and does not integrate or work with IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. in any way.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh! Is it based on the code of another browser, like uh Mozilla I guess, or did you make your own? :o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is written with .Net so it uses an embedded browser control based on IE. Hopefully that means broad support for most sites but it also probably brings along any issues unique to IE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: