TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Artist Here! Looking for Work.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geekpower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Artist Here! Looking for Work. Reply with quote

Hello there!
My name is Angel and im looking to do short stories, not big arc webcomics because i know there isnt much paid jobs on that, but hey if you can pay please let me know.
I personally prefer a Fantasy story you know stuff like D&D, but as long as the story its compelling i can do anything really.
I would like to do guest-art stories for webcomics too, something short.
Here is a link to some of my art.

Hope you guys like it, please let me know what you think. Wink
(Sorry for my bad english its not my first language, but i do what i can.)
ronin3567

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been busy with my own graphic novel. I would love to have a guest comic for 3 or 2 pages for Magenta the Witchgirl
Link here:
http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/16319/Magenta-the-Witch-Girl

If you would like to be a guest artist:
My email is: Obsidian_sun2@yahoo,com

Sorry I can't pay you..but I'll plug your webcomic/stuff.
Kagaenod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: A writer willing to work Reply with quote

I'm Robert...A.K.A. Kagaenod...and I have worked on webcomics in the past and hope to start up my old habit. I can certainly do a short fantasy story, in fact I've been in the mood for such stories. In fact project 1 which is described further along this post seems perfect for a short story.

Among other things, I've worked on a comic called Supercosmic http://supercosmic212.blogspot.com/ as well as comics for artificialcomix.com such as Parkbench Dreamer http://www.artificialcomix.com/parkbenchdreamer/Slideshow.htm and and My Headache http://www.artificialcomix.com/myheadache/Slideshow.htm

Here are a few of my ideas, though I have plenty and am willing to provide more options if you'd prefer. I understand that projects 2 and 3 aren't suited for a short story, but I figured they gave a good idea of what kind of stories I can tell.

1. First Earth is a land of ocean and islands, a land populated by winged human-like beings that survive in small tribes and towns. These creatures call themselves the Seconds. There are many stories explaining the name among the Secs, the most popular and well known among them claiming "The beasts came first, and we came second."

The Secs, while in their towns with decent numbers, are safe. However not everyone is satisfied with their place, those eager for advancement, as well as adventures, seek out new islands to populate. However untamed islands can be dangerous places for Secs, places where untold of monsters both of flesh and metal reside. The tales of [working title] First Earth deal mostly with those who adventure into the unknown and return to tell the tale, as well as depictions of life in the towns.

2. Eden is a young girl who, upon finishing her SATs, is shot due to excessive noise afterwards by her proctor. Having lived an average life and not doing enough good deeds to warrant entry into heaven or reincarnation, she is assigned as a guardian angel to some boy just a few years younger to herself. Chaos ensues as Eden deals not only with her bizarre afterlife, but also with the schoolyard troubles of a shy and skinny boy.

3. A young man in a world much like ours, inherits a glass egg from his grandfather, who always told outlandish stories about far off places and worlds hidden beneath our noses. The young man finds one day that the egg has cracked open...revealing a mist that is unseen by others and follows the young man around and even communicates by changing its form and forming simple sentences that only the young man can here. The "cloud" also exhibits the ability to change into living beings and thus be seen. This comic focuses on the day to day as the young man, a young college age student, teaches the "cloud" about everyday life in the modern day.

There, that should give the perspective artist an idea of my abilities. I of course am not above developing other people's ideas, so if you have an idea I can work on it. E-mail me at robert-finch@comcast.net if you're interested.

I'm eagerly awaiting your responses,
Sincerely,
Robert/Kagaenod
microbrien

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely be interested in at least having a conversation about working together. I have a lot of ideas filed away that I'd like to collaborate with someone on, and I think I've got at least one or two that fit what you're interested in exactly.

Currently I write two webcomics (arting one of them) at cn-comics.com.

I can't promise anything, but as I--with my partner--own cn-comics.com and are trying to build it up as a sort of small network of comics that we or close friends are involved in, there is the potential that we could host any project we work on there, exposing it to a built-in audience. Or we could just set up a wordpress. Just something to consider.

If you have any questions or would like to chat, you can contact me directly (click my headshot on the right margin of cn-comics.com).

I hope to hear back!

I write at cn-comics!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: really interested Reply with quote

I have a new idea for a web comic/graphic novel. I know you said you didn't want to do anything very long but i could pay for some work. I also have a current web comic that i lost its original artist that you could re-draw and make it your own. Send me an email or look at my site www.unknownkomics.com look forward to hearing from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum