TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for artist for humorous sci fi short story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedroj012

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Looking for artist for humorous sci fi short story Reply with quote

Hey all,
Peter here, I went through the “writer looking for artist” sticky, so hopefully I've got everything covered.

I'm looking for an artist who would be willing to illustrate a humorous short science fiction story (about 14,000 words) catered to a young adult audience that is in the same vein as alice in wonderland and the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

What I'm hoping to do is to publish each chapter online with a few accompanying illustrations at a regular interval, which could be monthly, or every two months, or pretty much whenever the illustrator would be able to complete the drawings. I'm also definitely open to suggestions if you think a different format would be better.

The gist of the story is that a cosmologist gets swallowed by a space worm and transported to another universe. Inside the space worm's gut he meets a traveling salesman who agrees to show him around various places in the alternate universe as he makes his sales calls.

I don't know a whole lot about hosting, but I'd be happy to host a site if we get that far.

Here's the beginning of the story:

Quote:

1. Down, Down, Down
Bradley Trummon, professor of cosmology at Breddarine University, winner of the University's H. A. Hotchkins “Most Logical (some would say, under their breath, obviously, 'most boring') Mind” Award for three years running, and avid home gardener, was in deep shit. And being the gratuitously logical man that he was, Bradley surmised that there must have been an exact and specific sequence of events that had led from him being located very far away from shit, to him wading in shallow shit, and subsequently led to his drowning in the really, really deep shit in which he now found himself.
He recounted the important events of the day: he had settled into his kitchen chair with his morning mug and read the title of an absurd article published by a colleague of his on the hypothesis of spontaneous inflation of wormholes, proceeded to then pour half a mug of his hot coffee directly onto his left foot, and very quickly thereafter had yelped and fallen backwards out of his chair and hit his hard wooden kitchen floor back-of-the-head first. These were annoyances of course, but not the reason that he was currently in deep shit.

I don't expect this to make money and I can't pay anything, but the artist can definitely take 50% of any unlikely profits.

I am very open with regards to style, although I'd prefer color to black and white.

I would love advice from more experienced people about finding an artist, or even what they think might be a better format.
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum