TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Follow me and...well you know the rest..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raines80

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Follow me and...well you know the rest.. Reply with quote

Twitter seems to be a major portion of webcomic marketing. I receive about 250 visitors a day to my site, but I really think I could knock that number out of the park with some Twitter followers.

I currently only have like 5 followers. Not even my own wife follows me.

Swing by my site and follow me on Twitter and I will return the favor.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really work, though? 125 followers at best for me, I get about two hits from twitter each time I mention a new update. And I'm pretty sure those people followed my strip anyway. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is a silly request.
^_^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you stay on twitter long enough and you should get a decent amount of bots following you. Half my friends are bots XD

But seriously, i didn't get twitter friends until i started following people relevant to webcomics. I talked to people- asked them questions- gave them support and a few decided to check out my comic and follow me back. I couldnt believe how many interesting people i have met through twitter.

Just be active and sincere- you will get followers.
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but Twitter has been cracking down on bots recently--my friend count has been plummeting! :o
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just be ... sincere

That is counter to the capabilities of a communications medium that reduces conversation to the length of t-shirt slogans.
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter hasn't done much for me, either. Somehow people find me and I get random requests, some of which seem like bots and some genuine. I don't think I've yet seen a single visit from my Twitter page to my actual site. As with any social networking, if you already have a large group of "friends" to tap in to, then it might work out great, but building one from scratch takes a lot of time and work. It may or may not end up worth the investment.
TonyDiGerolamo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for a Twitter exchange. Although I get way more hits off of reddit.
raines80

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to thank everyone who sent me twitter requests. I have followed each of you as well.

To answer a few of the worried people here... I don't think Twitter is going to make my comic blow up over night, but it is much more likely that someone in your Twitter circle might actually re-Tweet an update for your comic and hopefully they have enough followers that the odds kick in and you get a few more visitors....

If I ever get enough (non-bot) followers I will start having contests... I think that will help with the re-Tweet aspect of it... who knows.. maybe it is all for not, but maybe not.
B

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter has quickly become one of the most populated micro-blogging services around the world, with around 55 million visits per month. Thus, the option to buy twitter followers is presented to those who wish to take their Twitter profiles to a whole new level. You could potentially increase your viewer count anywhere from a couple hundred followers to a couple hundred thousand followers - if you wish to get serious in investing in the service.
Dutch
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kneel! I knight thee Captain Obvious.
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy Twitter followers? Um... will these new followers be readers of your comic, recommending it to their friends?

Personally, I really doubt that webcomickers friending each other on Twitter is going to do much for their actual readership, YMMV. But in all events, I'm certain that buying twitter followers isn't going to do you any good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas wrote:
Buy Twitter followers? Um... will these new followers be readers of your comic, recommending it to their friends?

Personally, I really doubt that webcomickers friending each other on Twitter is going to do much for their actual readership, YMMV. But in all events, I'm certain that buying twitter followers isn't going to do you any good.

I agree and disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Buying followers is just stupid. The only reason a person would do that is to pretend like they have more followers then they actually have. This might get a few more people to click follow because some people will only click follow if there are others who are doing the same... but those same people are not worth my time anyways...

Getting fellow comic artists to follow you is essential to growth. It helps you stay within the community and be up to date with the progress of others which I feel is essential to being apart of this community. It also keeps you honest. If one webcomic is posting updates faster and better than you.. then you need to step up your game.

I also believe that by helping out other comics.. you are helping out your own. Even if it doesn't give you more hits... you can't count out Karma.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: