TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My former apartment sucks.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JanelsCrafts,Inc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: My former apartment sucks. Reply with quote

I moved out of my apartment this weekend. Cleaned everything and I thought I was good to go. I had an appointment to meet with the guy to inspect our apartment, but he didn't know we were supposed to meet, so he had done the evaluation before I got there. He went over this cleaning grading sheet he filled out and it will cost me over $200 to have them clean things.
I never got a sheet like the one he had or I would have know you must "clean under stove and refrigerator". I'm being charged $5.00 cause there is slight dust on the lamp hanging in the hallway and kitchen. I couldn't even see it. He had to really point it out to me.
Am I the only one that has money hungry renters? Everyone else I've talked to never had an apartment be so fussy. I'm sort of upset I spent so much time cleaning, only to be slapped with such a high bill.
Madsusie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll find any excuse to squeeze money out of you, I've helped people clean their apartments with toothbrushes, and they still get dinged for a scuff.

I almost got dinged once on an issue that was brought up before I moved in. Apparently the previous owner had cats that had scratched up the window screens, and my landlord being great with keeping track of paperwork, tried to charge me for replacing the screens even though I don't own any cats.

www.madsusie.com
JanelsCrafts,Inc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad I'm out of there. Now the proud owner of a house and I must say, it really has made me happy. I have a yard where I can plant stuff.
I feel bad because we left some friends living at that apartment complex and when they move out someday, they'll be paying out the wazoo, too.

In other news, I think my cat is maintaining a healthier weight because now her food dish is up the stairs!
Fat Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are definitely not the only one. My first apartment was awful. Not only was it a pigsty when I moved in and absurdly overpriced, but the landlord pulled the same shit with me when I moved out, too. Said everyone in the apartment total owed something like $1400 in "cleaning fees" for shit that was dirty when we got there and I'm willing to bet is still dirty now. I was pretty angry.

-----
Love,
http://www.theFatBunny.com
CMorgan
^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i lived in the dorms, I remember scrubbing down everything for hours b/c me and my roomies couldn't afford any kind of bill.

We got dinged for $50 and when i called to ask why, I was told it was the fee they charge for just having someone come in and inspect the room!!! Its infuriating.

But I learned if you are relentless in disputing the bill the landlord will sometimes give in and remove charges.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did end up getting some money knocked off because I threw a mini fit. I'm not one to ever complain or anything, but I stood up for myself in this case and it worked! Very Happy
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how many of us get conditioned to throw fits because in the end it's the only thing that works.

Sigh... Sad
JanelsCrafts,Inc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Believe me, my "fit" was basically me just calling them back and stating I hadn't received warning about what minut spots I needed to clean. Anything else would have just been embarrassing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: