TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comics by the people for the people...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
comicracy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Comics by the people for the people... Reply with quote

I had to rebuild my website www.comicracy.com some of you may have seen it or even joined it before but it is way better now, although I am still ironing out the details. Before you had to post your work there and a lot of people said they weren't joining because of that, now all you have to do is upload a teaser panel and link it DIRECTLY to your website. That way it doesn't pull readers from you. Also I have added a feature so you can instantly notify any of your "followers" when you update your comic. I hope you like the changes I made and hope you join. Thanks...

www.comicracy.com

Free Online Comic Books Contest- Free Online Comics Creator Website
comic links

Last edited by comicracy on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
comicracy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I forgot to mention the option to upload your comic on the website is still there as well. Thanks!

comic links
RustMonster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I remember your last posts about comicracy. Still fighting the good fight, I see.

I'd like to hear more about how you plan to promote your site and the comics on it. I poked around comicracy a little and I couldn't actually get to any other comic websites from it. This might just be because you only have a few comics listed so far (gotta start somewhere) and the interface not being finished (text links need to be more distinct, comic thumbnails should be clickable, etc.). But I didn't see any of those DIRECT links you mentioned.
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an extra comma in the first URL link in your top post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there are no direct links yet because the members who have signed up chose to upload their material locally. If you sign up (or whoever) then you can chose the option of direct linking to your webcomic. In that case you would just type in your URL and then add a teaser panel which would be displayed on the homepage (depending on your points, rating, collectors etc.) Since I just restarted the website after losing ALL my previous data I only have a few members, I think I had over four hundred before but they all didn't upload stuff either.

I am planning on having the images to link to the webcomics as well.

thanks for noting the extra comma.

As far as promoting my site I get a good amount of traffic from the search phrase "free online comics" I think I am on the first page of google last I checked and that phrase gets over 10K searches a month. I am always thinking of different ways to increase traffic.

comic links
RustMonster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comicracy wrote:
Hi, there are no direct links yet because the members who have signed up chose to upload their material locally. If you sign up (or whoever) then you can chose the option of direct linking to your webcomic. In that case you would just type in your URL and then add a teaser panel which would be displayed on the homepage (depending on your points, rating, collectors etc.) Since I just restarted the website after losing ALL my previous data I only have a few members, I think I had over four hundred before but they all didn't upload stuff either.

Okay, sounds good. I've signed up, now just awaiting approval.
Kallisti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linguistic question - is it supposed to be "comicracy" like as in "racy comics", or "comicracy", with the last c of comic also lending itself to the "racy" to make it sound like "crazy"?
Resident Loony Detector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to sound like a comic-based political ideology.

S*P*Q*R
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Pandar wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to sound like a comic-based political ideology.

The shouldn't it be "comicocracy" (rule by the comics)?
Kallisti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, like "Commie Crazy"? I suppose that might work if you put the right emphasis... but what if it summons forth the ghost of Bengo McCarthy to tell us we're all doing it wrong and aren't allowed to webcomic anymore?

Edit: CN must've been posting at the same time as me, didn't see the reply. A Comic-ocracy does make a lot more sense, but that's not what I ever would've read into the name looking at.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comicracy pronounced like -Komik Rah See-

Yeah so the name implies that the comics that will be on the front page would be the ones that the people have chosen as in a democracy... hence the voting/rating system. Now its a matter of increasing the population of the website again. Thanks for joining.

comic links
Lord Roland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to link up to you, but I am using google sites and I can't figure out how to actually post your little banner/link thing. It may not work for me.
comicracy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it if you can't figure it out. I added you to the database so you can post your comic. You can always add a text link too. Thanks.

comic links
Mike turner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Comics by the people for the people... Reply with quote

comicracy wrote:
I had to rebuild my website www.comicracy.com some of you may have seen it or even joined it before but it is way better now, although I am still ironing out the details. Before you had to post your work there and a lot of people said they weren't joining because of that, now all you have to do is upload a teaser panel and link it DIRECTLY to your website. That way it doesn't pull readers from you. Also I have added a feature so you can instantly notify any of your "followers" when you update your comic. I hope you like the changes I made and hope you join. Thanks...

www.comicracy.com

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out! I'm just a beginner though so don't expect anything professional from me yet Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Jams and competitions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: