TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo reference for comic artists
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilari
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, useful.
orbdragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! I'm all about reference material! I usually just use DAZ3d for that, but photos are so much better Very Happy
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: which Civil war would that be? Only a lot of countries have had a civil war. I'm assuming the American civil war, because it usually is because Americans sometimes forget the existance of other countries, but we had one too, in the seventeenth century, and the French had one, and the Spanish, and, well, lots of countries have had civil wars at various points in their history.

Also I would quite like to see photos of people dressed in English civil war clothing. Not something you see much, unless you go to Boscobel House, but it's a long way away and I don't have time for that kind of thing.

Mind you, technically, the War of the Roses, back when Henry VII fought Richard III for the throne could be classed as a civil war, though a lot of the troops weren't English, they were mercenaries from France and Scotland and various other places. Even so. I'd like to see clothing from that war too. Admittedly, the Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre isn't that far away, but I haven't got a car, so getting there would be difficult since the nearest train station is in Nuneaton, and that's still several miles away.

And there are other wars I'd love to see costumes from. I could just watch Sharpe for the Napoleonic Wars costumes, but those are pretty cool, and I find I am ever so slightly distracted from looking at costumes by the existance of the story and, of course, Sean Bean as the attractive no-nonsense title character.

I'm gonna stop rambling now. I do admire the attempt to bring more costumes to the project, though. Best of luck in the future.
Gual-kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a nice idea.
PattyBoone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! awesome drawings by the way,
the artists ARE talented

word search puzzle maker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum