TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Continentals: Murder, mystery, adventure--And steampunk!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: The Continentals: Murder, mystery, adventure--And steampunk! Reply with quote

For the folks who like a little murder, mystery, and adventure with their steam punky webcomics--THE CONTINENTALS HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

1889. Barely a year after the mysterious Jack the Rippers murderous rampage and equally mysterious disappearance the city of Mansfordshire, England is shaken by a series of brutal "mangling" murders that plunge the city into an abyss of fear.

Investigating the case, Continental Operatives Jeffrey Tiffen Smythe and his partner the gender bending adventuress lady Fiona Fiziwigg uncover the threads that bind the murderer, his victims, the highest echelons of society, it's lowest dregs, and even the police officers investigating the case in a tangled web of mystery, adventure, intrigue, and murder that is like Sherlock Holmes, mixed with equal parts of the 60's tv show "The Avengers", with a dash of James Bond for flavor.

The Continentals will be showing monday, wednesday, and friday for its debut week before settling into it's "mondays only " schedule. And now, what better way to start a steam punk murder/mystery--THEN WITH A PRISON BREAK!!!

The Continentals
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php

Dee

BTW. If you like what you see, and you use stumbleupon, give us a "thumbs up". It'll be much appreciated. Smile

It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php

Last edited by TheDeeMan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not allergic to style or content -- but dare I suggest it might be a nice idea to have pages 1-5 or whatever's available, actually selectable from the front page (which seems to be the only page... aside from your "coming attractions" listed above, but not on your site)?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can suggest it, sure. LOL! Smile

And the page on the site isn't the ONLY page there. There's enough material on that site to start an encyclopedia for The Continentals. LOL! Smile

Dee

It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's as may be, but while I can see the way to other comics, I can't see any comic navigation buttons that take me beyond the page with the escaped con. From where I'm sitting you're announcing a new comic with only 1 page. Either way, no worries, I'm really just mentioning this in case there's something obvious that I'm missing and you can point me to, or you've forgotten to switch on.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on, there's a city called Mansfordshire? That doesn't seem right. "shire" denotes a county, not a city. Leicestershire is the county of which Leicester is the principle city, for example (or, as it was when your story is set, principle town; Leicester has only been a city for 80 years).
TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know. A friend of mine who's also british explained the same thing to me not too long ago. That the city would actually be called "Mansford" and the countryside around it would be called "Mansfordshire". But he told me that MUCH too late for it to be changeable now.

I hope it doesn't hurt your enjoyment of the comic.

Dee

Last edited by TheDeeMan on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
That's as may be, but while I can see the way to other comics, I can't see any comic navigation buttons that take me beyond the page with the escaped con. From where I'm sitting you're announcing a new comic with only 1 page. Either way, no worries, I'm really just mentioning this in case there's something obvious that I'm missing and you can point me to, or you've forgotten to switch on.

Below the comic page are the "first" and "previous" buttons and below that is the navigation dropdown for the comic. Monique has the "Making of The Continentals" stuff broken up into months for some reason. But everything you're looking for (character profiles, architecture and fashion designs, etc) are BELOW the comic page.

Come to think of it, it is in a strange position. No wonder you can't find it. It should be under the comic and it's under the comments and stuff. Sorry about that.

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new update at The Continentals. Here's the teaser:

"THE DOGS OF WAR!!!"

When the asylum guards unleash their snarling dogs on him , the escaped convict takes matters into his own hands in order not to be recaptured. Literally.

And it just might get him reported to the ASPCA for animal cruelty

The Continentals

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"HUNTER'S MOON"

If Tim Burton and Edgar Allen Poe built a city form the ground up this would be it.

Welcome to Mansfordshire. Population: 800,000 men, women, children--And one psychotic, blood thirsty killer!

The Continentals

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"SIN AND MURDER GO KNIFE IN HAND!!!"

In a city that never sleeps sin is the national past time. But in Mansfordshire, with a serial killer on the loose in the red light district, sin and murder go knife in hand.

The Continentals

BTW. We switch over to "mondays only" updates from here on out.

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A DESCENT INTO MURDER!!!"

The old wives tale was wrong. That thing that goes bump in the night? The one that's lurking in the darkness ready to kill you? It isn't always behind you--Sometimes it's above you!!!

The Continentals

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you guys like The Continentals and use stumbleupon give it a thumbs up, will ya? We can use every thumbs up we can get. Smile

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"SCREAM, "BLOODY MURDER!"--SCREAM!!!"

A dead body will always make someone scream, "bloody murder". Scream "bloody murder" and it will always make the headlines. With the arrival of the murderous "Mangler", suddenly the headlines in all the Mansfordshire newspapers are all screaming--"Bloody Murder!!!"

The Continentals

EDIT: We're having a bit of a technical problem getting the new page to load. Sorry about that guys. Please bare with us while we fix the problem.

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is up and running at our home site now, guys. The new page is up and running. Sorry for the mix up and the delay. Sometimes Webcomicsnation can get a little wonky.

Dee

TheDeeMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting kinda weird out there, folks There's this guy who posts on our mirror site who wants to be "friends" with artist Monique MacNaughton. That's not the weird part. The weird part is that he says if he can't be friends with Monique, can he at least be friends with Fiona.

For those of you who don't know, "Fiona" is the cross dressing adventuress in our comic. Weird.

Dee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: