Forums for The Webcomic List
Log in to check your private messages
TWCL Forum Index
Post a reply
View more Emoticons
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Select a forum
The Webcomic List
Help! I've lost a comic!
The "Check out my comic" forum!
Jams and competitions
Webcomics and Real Life
Site Problems / Broken Comics
The Archive Room
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm
I reawakened this thread mainly so I didn't have to retype all the formatting and contact details in the first post, which are still good. The big difference is that right now, we've decided it's about time we found a home for our two remaining "Special Edition" packages that we put together when we first started publishing the comic in print.
So, we thought we might go ahead and do that in exchange for the two best fanart submissions we receive in the next month or so. Which, to be honest, could very well be the only two submissions, given the "Summer Slump" and all. Your chances could be pretty good!
Now if I was a smart man I'd have done this with enough lead time to have something for our San Diego Comic-Con break, which looms perilously soon... although if someone did manage that it would be pretty awesome.
So what do you get, besides our thanks and a potential feature on our site? This:
- Zombie Ranch #1 Comic
- Full Color Art Print “Homestead”
- Suzie Sketch Card
- “Bits of Nothing” Sketchbook/journal comic
All signed by the appropriate people, naturally. It's a package we sold at conventions for $20; there were once twenty, now there are two. If you're interested, get in touch! And even if you're not interested in the brib-- err, incentive, but are inspired anyhow, let me know. If we somehow get a big response we can't give these to everyone (for obvious reasons of there only being two left), but we might be able to make other arrangements.
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm
Since I have had a couple of people ask over the past months, I wanted to state that yes, even though SDCC is long since in the bag we absolutely are still interested in submissions, and I'll say that timeframe is "the foreseeable future".
So anyone who runs across this thread and feels inspired, you have not missed the boat (wagon train, whatever). Get in touch, we'll be happy to hear from you
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Clint, I don't know if you'll ever check this again, but wanted to say that I loved your webcomic. What a gem! You and your wife do an amazing job seriously. I couldn't find any faults with it at all. Thoroughly enjoyable and couldn't stop reading.
Compliment sense... tingling...
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm
I should probably at least put up the "teaser" from our About page for anyone who's never checked us out, just to give an idea of what you're dealing with. This ain't your average zombie comic. Our
TV Tropes entry
may help, too:
Meet Susannah Zane. She’s a rancher. She raises livestock.
Only thing is, her stock isn’t technically “live”.
The Great Zombie Plague wiped out a fair portion of civilization, and humans weren’t the only victims of its ravenous hunger. But that was years ago, and where cattle, pigs, and sheep got scarce, practical sorts found a new herd to market: the zombies themselves!
Now a crew has come out to film a new reality television series on the subject. To the viewers in the Safe Zones, it might be an eye-opener; but for Suzie and her compadres it’s just another day in the unlife.
Welcome to the Zombie Ranch.
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm
Post subject: Guest art/comics for Zombie Ranch
(Resurrected! Now with a couple prizes packages in the mix! See the July 3rd 2012 post below for those details)
So I discussed with the artist wife the other day, and broached the idea that with SDCC next month, we might want to make polite solicitations about guest work and see if anyone's interested.
I've never done this so I'm just going to work off the sticky in this forum, apologies ahead of time for any faux pas.
- This would be either for the week of SDCC or possibly stashed for later (we've got a fairly hectic convention schedule lined up this Fall)
- The submission would be presented on our front page on the day it goes up. After that it will go into our Extras section of the comic navigation and also be posted on our Fan Art page (with full credit and links, of course)
- Ideally we'd want submissions by July 9th.
- Submissions should be themed around the world and characters of Zombie Ranch, but given that we've got cowboys and post-zombie-apocalyptic wastes rubbing elbows with future tech, media-drenched "utopias", there's a lot of possibilities there. In the past we've had everything from character pin-ups to pseudo "Sears-catalog" style ads for weaponry. If we like the idea enough we might even want to work it in to the main canon (with your permission, of course).
- I'm not envisioning this as any sort of contest, since we don't really have much in the way of prizes. We might be able to send out some signed copies of our first print issue if people are interested, but that's about the extent of our compensation budget aside from you getting some exposure and our good will (whatever *that's* worth!).
EDIT: Okay, it's sort of a contest now. See below, we're gonna give away our last remaining "Special Edition" packages!
- Whatever you do, our comic page size is a nice, even... err... 758 x 1137 pixels. Anything bigger or smaller and we'll have to rescale it, which might cause fuzziness. Too much fuzziness and we probably won't be able to use it except putting it on the Fan Art page where size doesn't matter.
- Email submissions can be sent to clint @ zombieranchcomic.com . Questions also, or you can ask them here. Our archive isn't huge but I know it's unfair and presumptuous to ask anyone to dive into it (or read my wall of text on the setting), so I'll try to give further details here if people need them. It's a weird comic. Link is in my sig if you dare.
© 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
The Webcomics List
is operated and owned by
the comic updates.