Forums for The Webcomic List
Log in to check your private messages
TWCL Forum Index
Post a reply
View more Emoticons
[quote="Max Vaehling"]I prefer more votes because a lot of good stuff tends to fly under the radar in the sense that a lot of people like it, but won't choose it as their one favorite. Having more than one vote can help reveal these gems. Uh, not sure if I'm really getting the point across right now, but it's somewhere in that direction.[/quote]
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Select a forum
The Webcomic List
The "Check out my comic" forum!
Jams and competitions
Webcomics and Real Life
Site Problems / Broken Comics
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm
I gotta agree with Max. If including the underdogs is really something we want to try to do, allowing nominations that
the very first name that springs to mind will help far more than any hidden gem award.
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm
I prefer more votes because a lot of good stuff tends to fly under the radar in the sense that a lot of people like it, but won't choose it as their one favorite. Having more than one vote can help reveal these gems. Uh, not sure if I'm really getting the point across right now, but it's somewhere in that direction.
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:57 pm
I will be voting
One comic per category, per person
unless I can be persuaded otherwise. My reasons are as follows:
- which makes organising and counting the votes easier, and
. Reducing the delay from end of voting to the announcing of nominees should be a concern.
It produces more meaningful results
- We can then say that 'this comic made the shortlist as it is the favourite comic of 35 people, rather than, 'this comic got 48 points' which doesn't really sound as good.
It reduces the work required to vote
- This sounds a little odd, but I expect we'd reduce the number of votes we get if we demand from people three times as much.
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Post subject: How many votes should people have during nominations?
When it comes to nominating comics, how many votes should people get in each category?
Here are the options as decided in
this discussion thread
Q. How many comics can be voted for in the nomination period?
1. One comic per category, per person.
2. Two votes with first choice being worth 2 points and second worth 1 point.
3. Three votes with first choice being worth 3 points, second worth 2 and third worth 1 point.
Remember don't be too eager to vote. There is a week on this poll, closing next Sunday. Make sure you've made up your mind first, but please be sure to vote before this poll runs out. That'll be exactly one week after this post was made.
© 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
The Webcomics List
is operated and owned by
the comic updates.